Sunday, May 3, 2009

Happy Birthday K.C.!


I have been thinking it would be fun to have a birthday party for K.C this year so Candice and I started plotting and planning and decided to have it be a surprise party.
I called Hatsumi to see if she would help me get the word out to all his friends. She was excited about it and very helpful. I can see why K.C. and all those kids like her so much.
We asked K.C. where he wanted to go for dinner and he said spaghetti factory. Candice met us over there about 6:30. The plan was for everybody to get to our house about 7:00 and decorate and we would get home about 7:30.
We let K.C. walk in the back door first and the house was decorated to the hilt. All his friends jumped up from behind the island and said "Surprise!" He really was surprised! He said he had no idea we were doing anything and his friends hadn't let on at all. He has a really nice bunch of friends.







We had made a bunch of food and Hatsumi brought a yummy cake and some cookies.










Ashley (Katie's good friend) and her sister came over with their little brother Jeff who is a good friend of K.C.'s. It was good to visit with her and catch up. She has always been a good friend to Katie.

Then they all went out back and played basketball for a while.






























Then they came in and sang happy birthday to K.C and ate cake and icecream.





























I'm still having a hard time believing my baby is 19 years old. He has always been a very special person and holds a special place in my heart.
He is very kind hearted, gentle and loving to everyone. Even his friends mentioned this to me at his party. They said he is about the nicest guy they know. He has always been a friend to everyone and is very non-judgemental. I remember even in elementary school, he would volunteer to help the kids in his class that were a little slow or had a hard time with their homework. He is also very smart and funny. He has never given us a minute's trouble and I knew I could always count on him to do what was right. I don't know what we ever did to deserve him but I feel so very honored and blessed to be his mother.

3 comments:

kat said...

I hate that I wasn't there! That just means I get to give him an atomic wet willy next time I see him. Mom, I don't know anything about blogging, but there seem to be some big blank spaces on your pages? Candy, help? miss you all! xoxo

lessdirtydirt said...

what a fun time we had! I was so excited that he was surprised. Party on wayne.

Angie said...

I dont know why there are spaces either its weird unless you are hitting enter too many times. I am glad to have KC as a cousin he is a great kid. How fun that you had such a great suprise for him:)