Sunday, May 24, 2009

Hatsumi had invited me to come to a special Stake Relief Society program they were having with Bonnie Parkin as their special guest speaker. Hatsumi is in the stake R.S. presidency in her Japanese stake, and they invited another stake from south salt lake. She was an amazing speaker and had a way of making each person there feel loved. She came out into the audience and had people make comments and really got everyone involved. She talked about several different things. What really stuck out in my mind was the many evidences that we have the God loves us. She told us to think about a time when we have felt God's love for us and had several people share their stories. It was just really uplifting and touching. I'm so glad I went...one of those things that fills up your bucket again.

When K.C. and I got home from church today, we thought we were both looking pretty spiffy so we set up the camera to take our picture.
Unfortunately, as K.C. was trying to get back into the picture, he tripped over the piano bench, and we were both laughing hystericley when the flash
went off.






Yes that is the pond with NO fish in it! Except the stupid trout. Apparently some time in the last 2 days, the crane came back and ate all our pretty fish. Ewwwww!!! I am so mad at that crane! It was really hard to catch those fish in grandmas pond and they had gotten pretty big. We are going to have to take drastic measures now. You better look out crane.










All these flowers were just blooming so pretty, I had to take some pictures. The Simplicity rose is just starting to bloom. Its so pretty every year...blooms several times in the summer and until late in the fall.












One of the things I thought of when we were thinking about how we know that God loves us...our beautiful world! He didn't have to make the flowers, birds, mountains, lakes, the ocean, sunsets, yummy fruits and vegetables,( I could go on and on). so beautiful. They would probably work just fine, and fulfill thier measure of creation without being so great to look at, but He did make them beautiful...all in their own special way. I think it was because He loves us and wants us to find the joy that there is in His incredible world...also maybe a glimpse of what we will find in our next life....that may be why I feel a distant longing for my Heavenly home when I am out in nature. When I look at some of these flowers up close, they are so very delicate and perfect, so perfectly formed, I don't know how anyone could ever doubt that we have a loving Heavenly Father who has created all of this. Everything works together so perfectly...our own bodies are so amazing...creating children, the way we can heal, the way our brain, eyes, ears,and hearts work...when I think about it, it just boggles my mind, so I just give thanks to Him every day and try not to ever take for granted all the wonderful, beautiful, and amazing gifts He has given us to enjoy.























































We planted the garden saturday. (When I say we, I mean Kelley and K.C.)


Lots of tomatos, and peppers, some squash, potatos, pumpkin cucumbers and even some brussell sprouts for Candice.
I can't wait for that first fresh tomato sandwhich...there's nothing like it!



































2 comments:

Camille said...

The garden looks so amazing mom! you really have a green thumb! I will kill that F^ing crane! Obviously he doesn't know who he is dealing with. Do you remember how we almost fell into Grandmas pond trying to catch them? Ha ha we are total suckers!

kat said...

I can't believe you let the 'crane' take those fish mom! Seriously the pics of us getting them out of the pond are priceless...I'm not sure I believe in the crane, but the fish thief will die! I like the suspense you build as the reader reads your blog and has to scroll down after tomato for....sandwich! I love you mom