Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Scaredy Dog


































So I have a few things to say about our dog Lizzy. She is a big sissy. She is afraid of the wind, and a lot of other things.
Whenever the wind blows and she is outside, she will start to cry at the door, then if I don't let her in right away, she will bark till I do. Then when she comes in she runs around and around the island like a crazy dog.
Tonight the wind was blowing pretty hard. It blew over the basketball standard and the wind chimes were really making a lot of noise. Lizzy was inside with me, following me around from room to room like she always does. I could tell she was getting pretty anxious. I was sitting at the piano, practicing some songs and she crawls under the bench and trys to bury her nose under my feet. I try to console her but she looks at me with that terrified face.
She has one other problem...her hair! I don't know how she has any left cause she sheds like crazy. This is how much hair I picked up in her favorite place to sleep...the white (now black) rug. And I had just vaccumed a day before!


She really is a great dog though. She has never growled or nipped at any of us. The only time I ever saw her get mad was when we had the red bone dog, Daisy. She would torment Lizzy to no end. She would jump on her constantly and take all the food we would give to them. She just had so much energy, she couldn't sit still for a second. Lizzy finally got fed up with her and started snarling and growling at her. When we found a new home for Daisy, Lizzy was a happy dog again!
She is forever patient and gentle with Olivia. Even when Liv is pulling her feet out from under her and sitting on her back and pulling her ears and tail, she just sits there and takes it. Olivia loves to play with her and feed her. She gets a hand full of dog food and throws them to her one at a time and Lizzy will jump and try to catch them. She is really good at cleaning up the floor when we drop something ( or when Olivia throws her food at her)









They had great fun blowing and chasing bubbles.







She's not much of a watch dog or a protector, but she is a sweetheart and she keeps me company all day and I enjoy having her around.

2 comments:

Angie said...

That is too cute with liv blowing the bubbles to your dog! It takes a very patient dog to put up with the abuse of kids. We had a cat and Mark's kids did everything to it and it would just lay there.Some animals were meant to be in certain families I think:)

lessdirtydirt said...

I love weezy so much. I hope she lives forever. I wish my cats were nicer to her.