Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day




Memorial Day we decided to work in the yard. For mother's day, Kelley gave me a nice peach tree, and a lilac bush. I have been wanting a lilac for ever so it was a wonderful surprise and very thoughtful of him. He said that was my gift from Grandma Jensen. I have always loved her lilac bushes. I don't think there is anything that smells more lovely. She would always invite me to come over and cut enough to make a big vase full to enjoy at my house every spring. I can still picture her working in the yard in her housedress and slippers, carrying her bucket to put weeds and trimmings off the roses in. She loved her roses and cared for them like her babies. She knew the names of each one and when we would walk around her garden looking at all the different varieties, she would tell me their name like she was introducing me to an old friend. Her bedroom always smelled like roses too..I think it was the perfume she wore. When I open her old purses she gave me, it still smells like her...like roses. When she was dying, we talked about her roses and how beautiful they always were. I told her I would try to help Lisle take care of them like she had done. I have really failed her there. They have really overtaken the yard. I know Lisle does the best he can but he is getting to where he can't do that much in the yard anymore. Kelley goes over there and helps his dad a lot. I am going to try to keep my promise to Maxine this summer.














First they had to get the apricot tree out. I have enjoyed the apricots, but it was just such a mess. It was always just loaded with them, and we couldn't get to the ones at the top and they would all fall down and rot in the grass. I think we will use the peaches more...everyone seems to like them better than apricots.





















Planted the lilac bush on the corner of the house

Katie had Kelley pick out a nice yellow rose for me for mother's day. It is called Henry Fonda. Love it!
It looks like its going to be a real nice one.


Found the perfect place for the rose bush up at the top of the rock garden. .












Lizzy supervising






Candice and I went to a baby shower for Kelsie tuesday night. It was really fun to see everyone. Marsha and Brooke and Kassidy had decorated their house so cute for it. She had hung up a clothes line against the window and hung all these cute new baby clothes on it with big clothes pins. Brooke's mother in law heard us talking about K.C. going to Russia and she said that her neighbors had just been called to be the missiion president and wife in K.C.'s mission. She said they would be in the MTC learing russian the same time as K.C. She said they are wonderful people and that he would be in very good hands with them. Their name is Wooley. That was very reassuring to hear!
Lots of pregnant people there! Kelsie, Kara, Ashley, Mickie. My heart was aching for Camille as I realized that she would have been due the same time as all these girls if she hadn't lost her baby. It's still very tender and painful as people unknowingly ask if she is pregnant. I know they will have more children...they are such good parents, I'm sure there are more little spirits watching them and anxiously waiting for their turn to join their sweet family.





I made Kelsie a little baby blanket that she seemed to like. She is so sweet and always is so grateful for everything she has.























3 comments:

lessdirtydirt said...

Way to go now im crying. You forgot to mention that one part... with the SPOUT

Camille said...

He he I'm bawling too! Thank you for the faith you have mom. I have been really sad this week about not having a baby and you always seen to know what to say to make everything better for me. Its almost like you know whats going on in my head! We are one! I love you! Can't wait for you to make me a peach pie with your millions of peaches!

Angie said...

That got me crying too! Your stories are just too much you have a way of tugging at the heart strings! I love how the boy is always out helping Kelley. It reminds me of Phil he is always at my dads side never complaining. When he went on a mission my dad said I am sure going to miss my 2nd hand man in the yardwork. I am sure Kelley will feel the same..