Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Birthday to my sweetie!

We had a real nice Mothers Day Kelley's Birthday weekend. Saturday a bunch of the guys came over and played basketball. They haven't played in quite a while and I know how much Kelley loves to do this, so it was good to see them having some fun.
We went to do sealings with our sealing group Saturday afternoon. When we got started, there was only the Buhlers', one other young couple, and us there. After a little while, Colleen came hurrying in all breathless and said "We almost died!" I was like, "Oh I'm glad your ok. " We couldn't really talk right then, so after as we were going down the escalator, I asked her what had happened to them. "how did you almost die?" She looked confused for a minute, then starts laughing. She said "I said we almost TIED! ... we almost got here at the same time!" Unfortunatly, Kelley was overhearing this whole conversation and thought it was pretty funny. It really was funny, and embarassing... man I am deaf! Anyway, on the way home I start getting these text messages from the kids. K.C.: "Did the Pooles almost die?" Candice: "Oh my gosh mom, did the Pooles almost die?" Camille: Did the Pooles die? Bummer...I really liked them!" Kelley must have text them as soon as we got to the car. What Ever!!! Just add it to the list. Yes they are making a list of all my deaf moments. It's getting pretty long.


Mother's day was really nice. The only thing that could have made it nicer was if Katie, Camille, Kellen and Olivia could have been there. It just didn't work out that they could make it but I know they wanted to be here.
Our Sacrement meeting was really special. Kelley was conducting this month, so he asked several people to talk about their mothers. He had Paul talk about Martha, Sam talk about Carol, Heidi talk about Diane, Nikki talk about JoAnn, and Leslie talk about Cleo. It was really sweet to hear them tell some special things about their mothers. Heidi said something in her talk that really touched me. She was talking about a conversation her and Diane had had years ago. Diane had said something about Heidi being lucky to be able to go skiing whenever she wanted to. Heidi had come back with "Well you could go too if you wanted too, you just choose not to go." Heidi didn't realilze until she became a mother herself, that her mother had given up things that she wanted to do so that her kids could do things they wanted to do.
I think that's what being a mother is all about. You just want so much for your kids to be happy, that you gladly sacrifice anything and everything, so they can do what will make them happy. And what is strange about that is that it doesn't hurt to sacrifice, it just fills you with more love for them. Camille was supposed to be one of the speakers, but when she couldn't come, she sent Kelley a note to read for her. All the speakers went long, so there was not time to read it, so he gave it to me after Sacrement meeting. I sat there in sunday school bawling while I read her sweet message.




The girls gave me a awesome set of knives...Yea! mine were terrible!
Kelley gave me an ipod...very cool. now I have no excuse not to go to the gym







We went up to visit mother after church. I feel so blessed to have been raised by such a sweet, loving , gentle Mother. I was thinking when Heidi was talking about the many sacrifrices my mother made for me. I know she went without things she wanted, so I could have the clothes and things I thought were important. She would stay up late at night sewing a prom dress. She spend countless hours teaching me how to sew. She would help me unpick my mistakes in sewing and in life. She was always there to listen to me, support me, and comfort me. She taught me all the good things I enjoy in my life now. She taught me to love music. She paid for many piano lessons, and endured my whining and complaining over practicing...always encouraging me and telling me I would be glad some day that I could play the piano. I AM ! From the time we were small, even till today, one of the greatest joys in my life has been to sing with my sisters with my mom playing the ukulele. She taught us so many songs that have stayed with us all of these years, and hopefully have been able to pass some of them down to our own children. She has always been such a great example to me of the kind of wife and mother I want to be. I loved the way she was with daddy. They were like one...in their hopes, and dreams, everything they did, they did it together. They always had some project they were working on together...in the yard, or the house, or for their family, neighbors, or the church. They had this special whistle they would use when they were working outside. The yard was so big, to find each other one would whistle.(moms was kind of a yoo-who)..then the daddy would whistle back . It always made me feel happy when I heard it. When daddy died, it was like half of her was missing. I thought her heart would break she missed him so bad, but her strength and hope and faith through this trial has been an inspiratiion to me. She spends a lot of her days reading over their old diary's. I think she likes reading about when they were together and the good times they had. She talks about longing to be with him again and I know she looks forward to it with joy because of the good life they had together here on earth.




Candice and K.C. tried to get her to pull faces but she wouldn't

Mom is so funny about Candice's hair. She will say things like "When I saw your black hair I thought... Oh dear what has she done?" " You don't look like Candice with that black hair" I'm glad Candice understands and loves Grandma and doesn't get offended.







Kelley is 53! We had a good day...kind of low key, but fun. We barbecued, enjoyed talking with K.C. about his upcoming mission, ate cake and opened presents.


ok so I might have peed my pants a little bit I was laughing so hard. I was trying to get a picture of Kelley blowing out his candles, but couldn't get his face and the cake in same picture, so he finally held the cake up and pretended to blow out the candles.





















K.C. got him this cool tie





Katie and Camille and Olivia and Kellen sent Kelley sweet birthday cards. Katie called when we were opening presents...I think that made him happy.








He always has to shake the present and try to guess what it is...funny thing he usually guesses right!





Candice gave him this great grilling cookbook












I gave him some much needed new black church shoes.

















Later, we rented the movie "Marley and Me" Taught great lessons on life and relationships. Laughed and cried.
I sure am grateful that I have this wonderful man to spend my life and all eterniy with. He is so good to me. It's so great to be able to grow, learn, experience, share, love, laugh and cry with him by my side. He makes me laugh every day. He is always concerned about my happiness and the happiness of our children. I know that each of the kids have a great love and respect for him. He is a hard worker and has always provided for our family, making it possible for me to be at home with the kids. He gets a lot of joy out of serving others and can often be found doing so. He honors his Priesthood and has taught K.C. to do the same. He has a lot of friends. In fact, I think about everyone he meets, becomes his friend. People will just come up to him and start talking to him that he doesn't even know. I will say "Who was that? " and he will say "I don't know!" He is just one of those people that is easy to be with. I am so grateful for the good life we have and for the love we share. Happy Birthday Sweetie...I love you!

4 comments:

lessdirtydirt said...

Happy birthday Daddy! Mom i'll teach you how to delete those spaces at the end. Sorry.

Angie said...

Sounds like you had a great mother's day. You need to just stop with the stories about grandma you get me crying everytime! You really dont have to I was just saying:) I love the pictures of Kelley and his cake it cracked me up!

Camille said...

These pictures of Dad are so great! Happy Birthday to him! I deleted the spaces for you. Not hard. Call me and I'll tell you the secret... I love you!

stacey said...

sniff,,sniff...you always make me cry..reading your post/journal is such a sweet part of you and your life. Man I miss hangin out with ya...will you do my blog!!
Thanks for being the sweet, great friends that you are. You truely are people that make me want to be a better person...to follow in your foot steps. So blessed to have you as my friends...
Happy birthday Kelley! Old man you!