Saturday, May 30, 2009

Thats one big trunk

Candice got a new car yesterday. It's a cute little silver Saab. Her car died a sad and pitiful (but not unexpected) death and ended up being pushed back to Candice's house. May it rest in peace... it gave more than we could ask for and tolerated much abuse. She tried using trax and riding her bike (scary and scarier) to work while she was looking for a car. She came across this one in an ad on Craigs list and we went and test drove it last week. She really liked it, but hated to just pick the first one she tried, so she kept looking. She didn't find anything else that looked as good as this one so wednesday night she called the guy and told him she wanted to buy it. Thursday afternoon I picked her up from work and took her to the bank where the guy met us with the car. The people selling the car were really nice and had taken great care of the car. The wife, who had driven the car even wrote Candice a letter telling her all about the car and how much she had liked it and where to take it to get it taken care of.




Candice came over this morning and went to Tahnie's shower with me. Stacie, Mickie and Ange had put together a real nice shower for her. She got a lot of great gifts that Candice was coveting. (A crepe maker..ice cream machine...cake taker..what else could you ask for?) Candice said it would almost be worth getting married if you get all those great kitchen gadgets.





After the shower she was showing us her car and was telling us that it had this huge trunk. Where would the huge trunk be in this little car? Well we had to test it out to see just how big it is. That is 3 good sized people in the trunk. I think I could have fit too but I was taking the picture.















My rose hedge is blooming so pretty right now. Just had to take a picture.
I also need to say that I love my visiting teachers. They came over friday morning and left a beautiful message about accepting the changes that come into your life. Leah said she had come across this talk from conference and was prompted that I needed to hear that message right now. This woman is amazing. She is always so in tune with the spirit...You can just feel it when she is around you. A very Christ like lady. She reminds me so much of my mom. Well she was right on with that choice. There are a lot of changes that are going on in my life right now. With me and with the people I love. I try to not let things I cannot control get me down, but lately I have felt a sadness creeping into my life. Every night, right around 2:00 I wake up in a sweat. Then the longer I lay there, the worse the anxiety becomes. So I usually get up and read or sew. I'm sure some of this has to do with stupid menopause...not a lot I can do about that, but just try to get through it. I know a lot of people have it much worse than me and I don't have much to complain about.
Anyway, I told them about my mom and how worried I was about her. ( Thursday night Brenda called me and said that mom had had a really bad day. The home health care lady had called her and told her mom couldn't stand up or get to the bathroom. Her hand was all swollen up and red and she was in a lot of pain. So later that day, Brenda and Leslie tried to get her over to instacare...very difficult when she can't walk. When they undressed her, they found her legs were all bruised from falling. Anyway, she must have fallen several times and sprained her hand and banged herself up pretty good. She doesn't ever tell us when something happens. I don't know if she doesn't remember that it happened or if she just doesn't want to worry us. We decided we need to make a change in her living arrangement to where someone is with her all the time.)
I would love to have her come here and live with us. After the past few days, I think she realizes that she needs more help than she has before and is willing to let us give it to her.
Anyway, I was feeling pretty emotional when they came over that morning and they probably really think I am a basket case. Leah went on with the message from Brother Snows talk; She said to keep an Eternal perspective, Understand that change and challenges are part of Gods plan for me, have faith, and to "Be of good cheer", knowing that I am not walking this journey alone. What a great reminder that I really needed to hear. By the time she finished we were all bawling. I'm so grateful for a Heavenly Father who knows me and what is in my heart and sends sweet angel visiting teachers to lift me up and help me feel His love.

3 comments:

kat said...

You're so sweet mom and so is Leah-always will be a spiritual rockstar in my book! these are good reminders to hear-I needed that text Friday morning-thanks! Ok, Probably shouldn't find out about grandma by reading your blog or because Angie emailed me. I'm the boss...need the info!!! I'll call you tonight!

Camille said...

Ya I would like to know about Gma too! Leah really is like your mom. She is amazing and says it like it is! I miss their visits!Chewy can fit some serious junk in that trunk! It will come in handy with a double stroller someday! hahahahha!

Angie said...

Sorry if I got you in trouble for telling kate about grandma. I have also had an emotional week with things and finding out about grandma I just want to fly home and take care of her. I hate seeing people get old and have so many problems. I hope you start feeling better I am glad you have some amazing visiting teachers too! love you