Friday, May 22, 2009

Did I say that out loud?






At our last Presidency meeting, Kathy mentioned that her daughter was in need of a babysitter. Her regular babysitter had to go out of the state to take care of her father who was sick. She was just wondering if any of us knew of anyone that babysat. I had this kind of out of body experience as I heard the words "I'll do it" come out of what was apparently my mouth. I didn't even think about it...the words just came out. Kathy was like...are you sure? I know you are busy and she is a real handful. By this time it had sunk in what I had committed myself to and it felt totally right. I said "for some reason, I am supposed to do this" Chalese brought her over last sunday so we could get to know each other before she just dropped her off on monday morning. She busts out with this huge smile the first time our eyes met and I knew we would get along just fine. She is one of those babies that has this look in their eyes like they know stuff.. It's just for a few weeks till school is over and she is a real good baby. I have to say, it has cheered up my day to be with her... so, thank you Heavenly Father for moving in your mysterious ways.



These Iris smell so good. I wish I could save the wonderful smell along with the picture so I could get it out in the winter and remember how lovely spring time flowers are.








I made this for Leslie's birthday.
Tried doing a little applique work on this one and I think it turned out pretty cute.





My latest additions to the zoo...Twiggy the tree frog, kitty. wierd elephant, fish and puppy (my favorite).




















4 comments:

lessdirtydirt said...

Oh mom the elephant is my favorite of all time.

Camille said...

I totally love the frog! You are so amazing mom! Remember making the tail for that dog in my car? I have a great picture of it! Maybe I'll blog about that..... Your blog makes me smile, and now that I can see it everyday, you should post even more!

Angie said...

How great that you can watch that cute little girl. I would love to spend the day with you:) I love the newest additions to the cute zoo animals. I do have the order from my friend I just need to email you. I love what you did for auntie Les its soooooooo cute! you are so creative!love ya

kat said...

I love you mom!