Monday, May 18, 2009

YARD SALE

We decided to have a ward yard sale-bake sale for our fundraiser for girls camp. We started advertising about it about a month ago and the ward really came through for us! People brought over a ton of stuff for us to sell. All the neighbors around here were really supportive too and brought over stuff to sell or just brought over money. We baked a bunch of goodies friday then got to work pricing all the stuff. There was so much stuff! Leslie has been collecting all the things and storing it all in her living room, kitchen, front porch, side of house... She is a gem! Candice put an ad in KSL classifieds and Leslie made some great signs and about 6:45 am, the people started coming . There was a pretty steady stgh ghgghjb ll,, iiiiinuinh87n ok this isn't going to wor kfcfdddcdxcaaaz bbb I'm babysitting Kathy Withers granddaughter for a few weeks and she wants me to hold her all the time. She is 8 months old and a little sweetie pie.She is very good natured and happy n bbbn bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbcccccc

Nap time. So anyway we had a lot of people come to the yard sale and we made over 800.00 dollars! Candice was awesome to come over and help...6:30am, and she was there with bells on!
Leslie really worked herself to a frazzle...I think she pulled a muscle in her back lifting boxes because she couldn't get out of bed sunday morning. All the young women and their leaders were supposed to sing in sacrement meeting and she couldn't move. All the girls showed up though which was really something because there are several that are pretty much inactive. They wanted Candice and I to sing with the girls because we are the camp leaders this year, so Candice came over and sang and I tried to sing but I mostly just blubbered. We sang "Walk Tall, Your a Daughter" and I never can sing it without getting emotional. I can't even play the piano for them to practice without boobing. The words are so powerful and really hit close to home for me. Anyway, thanks to Candice for trying to help me get through it without falling apart. You know what I'm talking about.















Saturday afternoon, K.C. and I went over to Riverton music to look at their sheet music. They have pianos set up so you can sit and play with headphones on and you are the only one that can hear it. They had one with two headphones hooked up to it though so we had fun playing on these amazing pianos and listening to each other. It's amazing how much better the music sounds on that kind of piano......some day......
These are just lame pictures I took with my phone, and K.C. doesn't help them any by pulling this face every time I want to take his picture.
(Missionary shoe shopping) We found some nice brown ones that I think will hold up real good.
Steve Larsen brought over a pair of black Doc Martins that were just his size and look like new. People are so thoughtful , kind, and supportive! We are so grateful!









We went up fishing bright and early friday morning. It was real nice when we got there...perfectly calm and beautiful! Then about 10:00, the wind started to blow and it was COLD!
We kept fishing though because we came across an area where there was a ton of fish on the fish finder. The only problem was they weren't biting. We tried everything but no luck. We finally decided to give it up, then on the way back to the dock, K.C. caught this one little guy.

I Can't believe the fish didn't just jump in the boat with Kelley enticing them like this.

Fishing with Dan is an experience in itself. He says and does the funniest things, we are just laughing nonstop the whole time. On the way up there, he kept saying he saw deer up on the mountian side. We were all questioning his eyesight. Then he said "look at those deer...right over there...I've still got it!" We all saw them, but they weren't deer, they were emu. He was wishing he hadn't said he still had it.



Kelley and Dan have got so many lures and fish catching gadgets that it is funny. I mean ridiculous funny!




K.C. even pulls that face at me when he is sleeping.
















Holly called me last week and asked if K.C. and I would like come over and visit with her son who just returned from his mission to Russia 5 months ago. So Sunday night, we went up to their house. It was really great. We talked for about 2 hours and he showed us a bunch of pictures of what it is like there. He was in a little warmer area than K.C. is going to, but I think the living conditions will be real similar. They told us things he would need and what not to take too. Jordan was robbed 5 times while he was there, so he told K.C. what to watch out for and how to be safe as safe as possible. Drinking is a big problem there and also immorality. He told us about good people there too and the success's he had had. He said he had wonderful experiences and by the end of his mission, he didn't want to leave. He has grown to love the Russian culture and was able to get 16 credits in college by testing out on the language. I think it made K.C. feel a lot more comfortable and at ease. He said he can actually picture himself being there now and is excited and ready to go.
I think he looks at the 3 months he will be in the MTC as a reallly long time, and is anxious to get to Russia, but Jordan said that Russian is pretty tough to learn, so he will need the time.
Anyway, it was so great of them to share their experiences and advice with us. I love Holly, she has always been one of my favorite people.




2 comments:

Angie said...

Are you talking about your candice being a camp director or someone else? I am glad your sale went so well thats awesome! It looks like KC is getting all set to go. I think he will be a great missionary.

Camille said...

Mother you are hilarious! I love reading about what you are doing, it helps me feel closer to you guys even though I'm far away! Good luck in your adventures of babysitting this week! She's lucky to be with you! The Boy looks so good in that hat! He can't go though. Nope. I won't let him!...