Thursday, October 1, 2015




Last Thursday Candice and I flew to Arizona so we could drive back to Utah with Camille.  Olivia had her fall break (two weeks!) and Camille wanted to spend it with us. Yeah!  It's like my dream come true! Kellen was working out of town and driving with three kids alone did not sound fun so Candice and I offered to come help her out.  
We had such a fun time!  Flying is funner times ten when I'm with Candice.  Kellen had got us our plane tickets with his points and our seats were delux!  



We didn't have a lot of time there but enjoyed just playing with the kids.  



Emily helped plant some little corn plants that Sam had grown in his preschool



Emily loves hummus
and dance parties




This is her Halloween costume.  She is crazy about the Paw Patrol show so she wanted to be "Sky"
Katie flew in from California Saturday morning to drive back with us too.  We did a little shopping that afternoon

It was not cold there
We got up early Saturday morning, loaded up and got on our way.  We hadn't even gotten on the freeway and Emily started throwing up.  
She gets car sick so easy and was sitting in the back seat of the car.  I actually get kind of sick when I sit back there too.  I felt so bad for her.  Camille pulled over and we got her cleaned up.  No sooner we taken off, but she started puking again.
We pulled over again and changed her clothes.  Liv was trying to hold a bag for her to throw up in, but she didn't hit it very well.  She probably threw up about 7 times.  I don't know where it was coming from.  



At one point, Camille just got in the back seat and held her.  She was pitiful
We knew we had to try something different so Katie got in the back seat and we moved Emily's car seat up to the middle row.  She was fine after that.
We took the way home through Flagstaff and the ride was really pretty.  




 Candice and Rose are best friends now.  ha!  She is a good dog in the car though

We stopped at Jacob's lake for a little break.  It was really pretty there.


Plus they had great ice cream


This was a little stitchery I was working on while we drove...it turned out pretty cute, plus a great reminder to count my blessings.  I think I'll keep this one!

Everyone slept except Emily, who was nice and perky now she wasn't throwing up!




We were getting pretty bored and punchy after about 9 hours.  This is why I love a road trip with these girls.




This was very cool.  We had a lunar eclipse that night and it was pretty incredible.  We had a perfect view of the whole thing but my poor phone camera couldn't even begin to  capture it.  I was trying to video it but it was jumping all over the place in my camera so we ended up just laughing our heads off.  Oh well, I got a good shot of the Payson temple anyway.

We didn't get home till about 11:30, and were all pooped, but it was great to see Kelley and sleep in my own bed.  So excited to get to have two weeks with this bunch!

No comments: