Thursday, October 8, 2015


We celebrated Olivias almost birthday Tuesday because they won't be here next Tuesday on her real birthday.
Olivia's dream come true is Classic Skating so that's where we went.  I haven't been there for years and it has completely changed.  It really is very cool now!  Everything a kid could want!  It has bouncy play land, a huge jungle Jim, arcade games, Lazer Tag and two skating rinks! 
We went early enough in the afternoon that it wasn't terribly crowded and had a real fun time!



They had a bounce house for 4 years and under that Emily loved!


7



 Camille got a huge pizza that made everyone happy

Emily had about had it and was starting to fall asleep

Sarah, Chloe, Meg and Ryder were sweet to come join us for a while.  That little Chloe is such a doll with so much personality!


Olivia is a good little skater!


 KC and Candice were showing off their moves too.



After, we came back to the house for presents, cake and ice cream.  She is always very sweet and grateful.
Olivia is such a special girl.  She is sweet, funny, kind hearted and such a big helper with Emily. It's hard to believe she is 9 years old, but as I watched her skate around the rink with those long gracefull legs, I can just picture the lovely young lady she is becoming.  I wish I could freeze time right now because I know the next 7 or 8 years are going to be challenging.  Watching my young women and all the temptations, drama with friends, and crude ugliness they face at school breaks my heart and I just want to protect them from it somehow.  I feel this way times 100 for Olivia. She is still so sweet and innocent, but with the flood of social media surrounding the youth, I fear for her future. I know she has to be in the world and live and learn, but I can't stand the thoughts of her having to deal with all of what's out there.  I'm so grateful Camille and Kellen are teaching their kids the gospel and what is right and wrong.  They have taught them how to pray and I know if they use what they have been taught and know they can turn to them and Heavenly Father for help, they will be ok. 




 I made her an Anna doll for her birthday.  Her hair is a little bit out of control, but she's pretty cute.

No comments: