Monday, October 5, 2015

We woke up Saturday morning to no power in the house.  Somebody had hit the big electrical pole there by the freeway overpass on 5400 and knocked it right down. We thought they would have it up soon so we weren't too worried about it.
It's kind of crazy how many times you go to use something that requires electricity though!  It made me realize that we need to get a generator!
It gave us a chance to do some different things that were quite nice.  (Emily loves books all the time though!  She will sit and look at them for the longest time even if they are not kids books.



 I busted out creepy doll head (thats what my kids call it...I've always thought it was about the coolest thing ever...I remember it sitting on the shelf in Leslie's room when we were growing up and I always wanted to play with it but never got to.)  I was tickled when I got to bring her home from mums house by luck of the draw.
Well Emily loved it too and fixed her up like shes never been fixed up before!



We had to improvise and listen to general conference on the phone.  I hooked it up to my bluetooth speaker and it was just fine.  The speakers were all so good and the music was amazing!  It's fun now to look for Darilyn in the choir. 
We were all anxiously waiting for the second session to hear who the new apostles would be.   In the past 6 months we have lost three apostles...Elder Scott, Elder Packer and L Tom Perry.  Toby and Michelle came over before conference and we were talking about the power outage and conference and realized it was time for it to start.  I  had trouble hooking up with the blue tooth this time, so we got things going right at the end of the announcement.  Ahhhhhhhh  But as we listened, the three replacements were mentioned several times so we knew who they were.  Elder Rasband, Elder Stevenson, and Elder Renlund.  I had heard of Elder Rasband before but not the other two.  After hearing them talk on Sunday morning, I could see they were pretty amazing men.
We ran to Target after conference for a few things. We divided up to get our own things and this is what I found when I tracked them down.  The costume isle was just too tempting.  Can I just say how much I love these girls. When they all get together, it's so much fun.  They each bring something special to our family that just makes it complete.  I was laughing so hard I thought I would pee my pants.





The power didn't come back on till about 6 so I was glad I didn't have much food in the refrigerator!  They really took their sweet time getting it fixed.  KC and Sam walked over there earlier in the afternoon to see what was up and they said they had restored power to at least 2000 homes and there were only 300 who didn't have power so they thought they had done a good job.  Ha!  Not really that good when we are part of the 300! It did make me re-evaluate my emergency preparedness situation and inspired me to get my butt in gear and get prepared for when a real disaster happens.

No comments: