Tuesday, July 29, 2014

We had been dying to go for a hike, but couldn't find a time where it would work out so we were excited one morning when everything fell into place and we could get away.  It was a beautiful sunny morning so we hadn't really been prepared for the cool temperature in the mountains. When we got up to the trail head, it was 47 degrees.
As soon as we started hiking we warmed right up.
We had planned to hike to lakes Mary, Martha and , and it was an amazing sight when we got to the top.  I felt like I was on top of the world...and my breathing let me know we were up pretty high! (not to mention that I'm out of shape!)
We ended up at sunset peak which is part of Alta ridge.






















 This was lake Mary...we had hiked to it with the young women a few years ago. But that was as far as I had gone.  It just got better the farther we went.  There were just the prettiest little wildflowers blooming all along the trail. 


























When we got to the top, it was reeeeealy windy!




 This is along the ridge at sunset peak.  If we would have kept going, we would have ended up by Alta resort.





Such a fun hike!  I love these beautiful mountains and living close enough to enjoy them!

No comments: