Tuesday, May 29, 2012

After a very wet and cold weekend, Monday dawned clear and beautiful.  We got an early start and headed up to Strawberry.
There was a lot of boats up there with it being a holiday and the only decent day of the long weekend.  Plus....they are having a fishing tournament!  They've planted three hundred fish with tags on them where you can win prizes or some big money.  The top prize is 25,000 dollars!  That makes it pretty exciting.  KC decided that should be his job for the summer...to catch the fish with the 25,000 dollar tag on it!  HA! 
We headed over to the ladders first cause we had had more luck there than about anywhere.  We pulled up a little ways from a boat where the people were making quite a bit of noise...I've got a fish on...Oh me too!  Oh I got another one!  I've got one on each pole!"  Stuff like that.
We thought we should be able to do the same...and Kelley caught a big one right away.  Then nothing.  We were trying everything and not having any luck at all.  We crept closer to that other boat, hoping to see what they were using for bait.  They were still carrying on...seriously, little kids...probably about 5 years old, catching one fish after another.  It was getting pretty annoying.
After a while we threw all our pride out the window and cruised by their boat..."You guys are doing pretty well...what are you using?"..."Just power bait and a hook"

So we drove  a little way off and gave that a try.  Nope. Nothing.
So we decided to head over to Soldier Creek.  We fished a little on the way in some of the fingers, but didn't have any luck.  We went to some favorite spots over there, and Kelley caught a couple more.  Then the wind picked up so we decided to go back over to the Strawberry side.  We went to that spot where the people had been catching all the fish and KC caught one there.   We tried a few other spots, but Nelson and I ended up skunked.






 
We figured out where our new slip was and left the boat there this time.  It was a fun day.  So beautiful up there. Everything is so green.  I love to listen to the birds and see the wild life all around on the lake... It's so peaceful.
Glad for a day with my guys..(it was questionable if I was going to be allowed on the boat after I suggested they have a yard sale to get rid of some of those extra lures ( they have bags and bags of unopened packages of lures...not exaggerating...when Dan thinks he has found a good lure...he will buy all the store has).  This was apparently very offensive.  Then I realized it would be like me having a yard sale to get rid of my extra floss or fabric that I hoard.  I totally understand now.

No comments: