Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I've been avoiding actually writing these words because then it will become all too real.  But it happened, so I guess I need to accept it and move on.  After about 6 months of negotiating, mum and daddy's house is sold.  The papers have been signed and delivered.  Done, Finito...the end.

Kelley and I went up there on Friday to get the last of the things.  KC was at the wedding of a good friend all day, so he couldn't go.  Driving through the canyon was such a sight!  Everything was so green!  This is such a beautiful time of the year.  I'm going to miss my trips to Cache Valley.  It was sure tugging at my heart that day.



 When we pulled in the drive way, Kelley could see I was feeling pretty sad. So he said  "Well at least you won't have to worry about irrigating anymore."   That pushed me over the edge and I had to go have a good cry.

I wandered around the yard taking a few pictures...everything is trying to grow, even with no one to give it any attention.  They have the best dark rich soil there...everything just thrives.  I remember how daddy use to cuss the dirt cause it had so many rocks, but I think after all the years of tilling and picking them out, they ended up with real good earth.  I hope Boyd appreciates that.  I think he will.

Kelley got the dryer out and I helped him carry it out to the front door.  Then it was just better if I got out of the way.  He had to lift it up pretty high to get it out the front door cause it wouldn't fit past the "B" decoration on the glass door.
I tried to help with the couch and chair, but he was just humoring me.  I wasn't doing anything! 



Then he went to get the stove out of the old house.  That was heavy.  I seriously don't know how he got it out of there.  He is strong.  Like Hercules strong.
We went out back to try to take the swing set apart. The bolts just wouldn't move.  I think they must be rusted together.  Kelley said he would have to use a saws all to get it apart.  So I'm not sure what's going to happen with that.  I would love to have it here at the house for Sam and Liv.  There are so many wonderful memories  on that old swing set.  But I know it will really be hard to get it here.

Kelley got everything secured while I took one more walk through the house.
It felt different this time as I looked around.  Like the warm comfortable feeling that I had always had there before was gone. Now it just felt empty. 
Took one last look in the mirror there over the kitchen sink, and said goodbye to my home.
I've known this day would come for a long time, but that didn't make it any easier.

 I hope Boyd will restore this place and make it beautiful again.  I hope their family will love and care for it.  I know no one could ever do it like mum and daddy did, but I believe from what he has told us, that that is what he plans to do.  I want to go back after a while to see what he has done.  
No matter how long I am here...that will always be home.

1 comment:

Angie said...

this post made me cry I hate final goodbyes. I hope Boyd will be able to make the place look nice again.