Monday, May 14, 2012


This week has been pretty eventful.  First of all, Brian and Holli had their baby on May 10th. 
They are going to name him Nash Braegger Forsberg. 
What a sweet tender mercy to have the day mother left this earth be the day a new life arrives. And how fitting to honor Brians heritage by carrying on the Braegger name in our family ( That is the only one!)
So very happy for them!

Friday was  Kelley's birthday.  Have I mentioned lately how happy I am to spend my life and my forever with him?  He's a very special man with many great qualities.  He is real and honest and with him...what you see is what you get.  People are drawn to him ( seems like where ever we go, he will end up making a new friend...people just come up and start talking to him?) and he has a personality that makes him easy to love.  He makes me laugh every day and treats me like a queen. He's about the hardest working guy I've ever seen...only one I can think of that could keep going that long would be my dad.

ummmm fishing stuff...and nicely wrapped!  Good job  KC!    nice bow!
We got him a red velvet cheese cake from  cheese cake factory...yummmmmmm
Candice got him two really cool looking koi fish.  We put them in the pond and they started chasing the other fish around...that are twice their size!  I hope they will all get along!  Kelley's been wanting some pretty koi since the crane came and at all of ours a couple of years ago.   Yup that happened!  ( Kelley got a big plastic crane to put by the pond that's supposed to keep others away...solitary feeders...hope it works!)

Friday was also our concert "We Also Sing!"
I rode up to the tabernacle with Collen and Nancy early, then Kelley, Candice and KC came later. 
It was so exciting!  We met downstairs about an hour before ( that place is so cool!  You wouldn't know all those big rooms and hallways and stairways were under that main floor...it was pretty cool to see.  We warmed up and  Merrilee went over a few things, then it was time to go up to our seats! 
Once we got situated, I looked out in the audience and found my family ( Candice and KC were waving...sooo glad they would come and support me!  That sure made me happy!)  Teina and Lynn were there too! That meant so much to me!
They started the program with prayer and an introduction...then from the back of the tabernacle, here comes Merrilee belting out this Hawaiian chant.  She was awesome!!!!!
Then we all joined in with the rest of the chant we had learned.  It sounds pretty amazing in the tabernacle...that place was truly constructed  by divine guidance.
The rest of the program went off without a hitch. 
The organ sounded AMAZING!!! and the pianists did a perfect job.  The girls that did the solo on Prayer of a walking child did such a good job.  They are only 12 and 14, but they have incredible voices!  They sang another number called "Flight"  that  just had everyone spell bound.  The other soloists did a great job too.  There was a girl from Merrilee's group she teaches at Dixie that was from Russia that she asked to come do one of the solos.  She was just darling and had such a beautiful strong voice...(perfect for '"It takes a Village")   I was hoping KC would be able to talk to her after the program, but she was surrounded by people. 
Anyway, the whole thing was just a wonderful experience for me.   There was a great spirit there and I don't think I will ever forget how special it felt to be singing in the tabernacle! 



Ooooo OOO  OOOOOoooooo and we got our CD's!  I'll try to put some songs on here...
ummmmm nope.  I'll try again when someone a little brighter than me on the computer is here!
Saturday we headed up to Logan to try to finish up with the few things left in the house.  Boyd had let Brenda know earlier that week that the loan should close on Friday...I'm still not holding my breath on that one. Anyway, we went all around the yard and in all the buildings and got out any metal we could find to put in the old milk van there to turn in for recycling money.  There were really a lot of metal pipes and stakes and things all over the yard.  While we were loading things in the van, Boyd came over and was watching us.  Then he asked Brenda if we would consider just selling him the van.  He said he wanted to use it for storage.  So we told him we'd check to see how much we would have got for it through the recycling place and possibly do that. 
We had a few things left that we didn't know what to do with, so we called over to a different antique store to see if they had someone who could look at the stuff and see if they want to buy it.  An older man came over later and looked at what we had and bought a few things.  
Then we loaded up the rest of the things we wanted to get rid of  in the back of my car and headed over to town.  We went to the cemetery first to put some flowers on mums grave.    

We walked around the cemetery a little bit, reminiscing and thinking of friends of mum and daddy's and relatives that have passed on.
We went and had some lunch, then over to a different antique store the fellow that had come over to the house had told us about.  He said he might be more interested in some of the things we had.  It was really a fun little store.  Jam packed with cool antiques.  We looked around for a while, then talked to the owner there and told him we had a few things to sell.  He came out to the car to look at them.  He was quite a character...reminded me of the guy from pawn stars.  He was fun to talk to though and we worked out a deal with him for several of the items.


We came back home and had a little birthday celebration for Leslie.  What a wonderful sister she is to me!  So lucky to have three sisters to share my life with. 
Jaydene was telling me about cleaning out her mother's house after she passed away.  She said she has a sister that is not physically able to do anything and one brother who was no help with the job so it all came down on her.  I can't even begin to imagine doing all of this on my own.
 The day flies by so quick, it was getting late and I had promised my family I would be home early enough to go out to dinner for Kelley's birthday, so we tried to organize what was left and put things out of the way in the corner of the living room.  Boyd had said he was going to start working on the house soon, so we'll need to finish up with those last things right away.

I had a wonderful Mother's Day Sunday. 
Made it extra special to have KC and Candice in Sacrament meeting with us.  The men all sang "Mother dear, I love you so" It was really sweet!
They gave out tomato plants to all the moms....(lovingly wrapped by Kelley and I!)  This was kind of funny.  Kelley was in charge of getting the tomato plants so we went into Lambert Floral about a week ago and talked to them about getting some.  He put in his order and Kc and I went to pick them up last Thursday.  We told them Kelley's name and they said oh OK, you need 65.  I was like, Yup, 65 was what we ordered.  So the lady brings out three trays of tomato plants and we paid her and were going to leave, then we got to thinking we had paid for 65, but she said, you will have 66 cause they are in a two pack.  So KC says, can we cut one in half or pay you for another plant.  They were so crazy busy in there, the girl he asked said "the tomatoes are 1.50"   Oh well, so we waited to talk to the lady we had paid them for.  She said, "Oh, it's no big deal, just go ahead with the extra plant"  So we felt better about it and left.  When we were driving, Kelley calls me ( I had text him earlier and said "you only need 65??? for all the ladies?") and says "I need 65 TWO-PACKS...130 plants!"  Ahhhhhhhhhhh.  So we went back to Lambert and explained.  She looked at her order and there it was 65 two packs.  So they loaded us up with that many more and we were on our way.
So then we needed to fix them up and make them look cute for Mother's day.  Kelley was thinking tin foil around them would be fine.  uh, no.  I told him I would go find some pretty foil to put around them.  So I went to JoAnns.  They didn't have anything.  so I went over to the dollar store.  I found some pretty yellow foil ( well kind of) there and some yellow ribbon. 
I went home and cut all the two packs apart and was thinking I would just put the foil up around them and tie it with a ribbon.  ( The foil wasn't really foil come to find out...it was just shiny plastic-eee paper.  Hey what do you want from the dollar store.)  Sooooo I cut the paper to fit, then pulled it up around the pot and tried to tie the bow on it.  That wasn't working...I need about 7 more hands.  So I got out a rubber band ( the one and only rubber band left after Kelley had wrapped about a hundred of them around the sandals I had sent Camille for mothers day) and put that around the paper to hold it till I got the bow tied.  Then once I got the bow tied, it slipped down, so I had to get out the glue gun and glue the ribbon in place.    HA!  After about an hour and a half, I had 7 of them done.    Dave Matheson came over to talk to Kelley and was commiserating with me because he has been in charge of getting that job done several times.  He said he had done it like that once, but then got smart and bought some real foil! 
About this time, Kelley came down from sanding upstairs to see what I was doing.  He could see this was going to take till next Thursday to get them done this way, so he said
"why don't we just glue the foil right to the pot?"   HA!  Genius!  So I cut out all the papers, and he glued the pot, and I wrapped the paper around it.  They looked just fine like that and within about an hour, we had them all done. I usually have to do things the hard way first...that's just how I roll.  Sure glad Kelley saved me from this one. He got a pretty good blister from the glue dripping while he was waiting for me to get the foil ready.  Sorry bout it!  I usually plan on at least one good burn each time I use the glue gun...just the price you have to pay for using this amazing tool!....sorry it was on him!
Spent Sunday afternoon baking and lounging with the fam. 
So glad Candice and KC were with us.  I was surely missing Camille's family and Kate though and aching for my own mom.
The sister missionaries called and wanted to come use our phone to call their mom for mother's day.  I had mentioned to them a couple days ago when I was driving them to buy calling cards that they were welcome to come to our house to call.  Anyway, Sister Abarka called her mom and talked for about two hours  I got to visit with sister Lupe while she waited for her. 
She is such a sweet girl.  She had some neat stories to tell about her life in Fiji.  She's been through quite a lot and I sure do admire her for her strength and commitment to live the gospel when all those around her do not.



We went out to look at the chickens and she was telling me about her chickens at home.  She said they just run free during the day, but come home to roost at night.  She said they put a little tag on their toe so they can tell which chickens are theirs.  She started looking at ours and said " I thought you were having the chickens for eggs...a bunch of these are male!"  I was like " really?  how can you tell?"  She said when they get to be about this big, the boys feet are different...they are taller and they grow a rooster comb on their head.  Ha!  The one's she pointed out were all the  "sex link" chicks they had told us they knew for sure they were female!    Ha! 

1 comment:

Angie said...

yay for Brian and Hollie! So glad they gave him the Braegger name! Sounds like you had a wonderful concert. Your flower story made me laugh that is something I would do too. I always seem to make it harder then it needs to be.