Sunday, May 27, 2012

A few things from this weekend...
Yes that is evaporated milk in my purse ( you never know when you're going to need some)  Also all the rest of the contents of my purse securely wrapped and rubber banded together for safety.
It's a good thing I have a thoughtful husband to take care of me?
 I've been procrastinating this job for about 10 years...that's probably when this wall paper should have come down...come to think about it, it went out of style about 15 years ago!  Ha!  And since it was my idea to have the wall paper, I must be punished  with the job of scraping it off.
So what do I do?  Head straight to pinterest for every one's fabulous advice on removing wall paper.  They all said about the same thing...spray it with hot water, let it soak, then scrape it off. 
So I did, and with a little elbow grease, it came right off!  HA!  That wasn't so bad at all!

 I got most of my pots planted...this was the urn from mum's rock garden...love it!

 Chickens are growing nicely...they look like real chickens now! We've started feeding them scraps from the table now and they are loving it!  They come running when they see me coming with the "chicken bucket"  We found a picture of what we want the coop to look like and the features we want in it so now Kelley just needs about 5 more hours in the day to get it done. 
 Planted  a few new perennials in the rock garden...it was pretty bare after the pond remodeling last summer. 
Lizzy has been a little jealous of the chickens when we go out and feed all the left overs to them. She stands there looking at us all pitiful and sad, like "what about me????"   We have been trying to not give her people food lately cause she has been throwing it up.  But the other day when we were giving the chickens some old rolls, Lizzy was seriously whimpering so I gave one to her.  She ran away with it and the next thing I noticed, she was burying it in the garden.  HA! She had dug a hole there by the peas and was covering it up by pushing dirt over it with her nose.  Then she comes running over to us, just as proud as she could be.  She is just too darn cute.  Even if her nose was all muddy.
Yesterday, Kelley was going in and out of the back yard with the trailer and left the gate open.  The neighbor girl comes to the front door with Lizzy and says she was running down the sidewalk, visiting all the dogs on our street.  She said "Oh and you might want to give her a bath...looks like she's been rolling in some poo!
I thought maybe it was mud, but when I got close to her I could smell it...sure enough poo!
We don't really have a tub right now, so I'm going to have to put her in the shower to bath her!  That should be fun.

 Camille sent me this video of Liv busting a move.  Totally cheered up my day!  Oh yeah, I had to go get that mole surgically removed that was "atypical".  So glad Kelley would go with me...helped me be calm and took my mind off of it.  Dr. Bradley had scheduled me for an hour surgery which seemed like a lot, but it took even longer than that.  Really the bad part is getting deadened.  The nurse that did it had some sympathy for me though cause she had a huge tattoo in the same place.  She said she passed out from the pain when she was getting it....whyyyyyyy?  She used six syringes of deadening stuff, and man that hurt.  She must have poked me a hundred times.  I couldn't help it, I had to cry a little bit.
Dr. Bradley and Kelley chatted away while he took the piece out of my hip.  I'm glad I couldn't see what he was doing...all I could feel was a lot of tugging in that area.  Then he got out his cauterizer to stop the bleeding.  That was not cool.  I could see the smoke and hear it sizzle and smell myself  cooking.  I was glad Kelley was there to talk to him, cause I just wanted to shut my eyes and try to go to my happy place.  Then he started stitching me back together...the tissue underneath, then the skin.  It took quite a while.  Hope he made it purdy.
  Dr. Bradley said I shouldn't lift anything for about two weeks and to take it easy for a while.  Kelley has been pampering me and taking good care of me.  He's a peach.  Came home from Dr. visit to find our lawn and Robin's (next door) all trimmed and mowed.  KC had been camping with his friends, but had come home while we were gone and just done that without being asked.  He also is a peach.



This is what the Memorial day weekend looked like.   Kelley spent the morning helping Spencer and Chris get everything moved out of his place in Provo...then later that afternoon, Kelley, KC and I went out to eat at Famous Daves.  That was the first time I'd been there and it was yummy!
Last night, the sister missionaries came over to bring the completed family name cards back to me.  Sister Abarka has a new companion.  She is a beautiful girl from an island that I don't know how to spell, but it is by Fiji. Sister Abarka wanted her to see our back yard, so we ate  cookies, looked at the fish and the chickens and hung out back there for a while.
Then the sisters said they wanted to sing me a song, so we went in the living room and I played and they sang hymns. Then after some coaxing, sister Baina did some dances they do on her island. She reminded me of the beautiful Tahitian women daddy had pictures of from his mission.  Sister Abarka said sister Baina's hair was really long.  She had it up in a bun, but it didn't look like that much hair. Sister Abarka said, You really have to see this...so sister Baina took the clips out and her hair fell clear down to her calves.  Really beautiful!
Then sister Baina wanted me to teach her how to lead music, so we worked on that for a while.  She has a beautiful voice and spoke English quite well for only being here for five months.
Sister Abarka said she had found out that the bunch of guys that had lived next door to us had moved out and that a single lady lived there now..."do you know her?"  I told them that I had talked to her several times and thought she was a real nice lady.  They asked me if she was a member of the church...I said no...( I just assumed when she offered Kelley a beer for helping her move in)  they asked if  I had told her about the church.  I said no.  I had thought about it but hadn't really had an opportunity...still just getting to be friends with her. I told them a little bit about her past and the situation she was in and they also thought the gospel would make her life happier.  So we decided to go over and talk to her.  I was kind of nervous...not knowing what she thought about "Mormons" or wanting to jeopardize our friendship, but then I thought....I have something wonderful and I would always regret it if I never tried to give her an opportunity to have it too!  
Sister Baina said a sweet prayer and we walked over there.
  It took her a long time to answer the door and we could hear the dogs in there barking their heads off.  She finally opened the door just a little bit and poked her head out. 
I talked to her for a minute, then introduced the sister missionaries. 
The dogs were going crazy behind her, so she said "let me go put the dogs in the other room."  She was gone for quite a long time, then came back to the door and said "I'll come outside...the dogs won't behave."
So she came outside and stood on the porch and listened to the missionaries.  They gave her great introduction to our church and both of them bore their testimonies.  I thought they did a wonderful job...I don't think anyone could have been more sincere.  Then they asked her a few questions about her beliefs.  She said she did believe in God, but has never been interested in religion.
They told her a little bit about the Book of Mormon and asked her if she would take one and read it.  She thought for a minute, then said , "I'm sorry, but I have to say no."  Sister Abarka asked if she would take a pamplet about the plan of salvation.    She said very kindly..."I thank you for coming over, but I'm really not interested". 
She was very gracious and didn't seem annoyed. I think we are still friends.
When we were leaving, Robin told the missionaries that she would let me know if she wanted to have them come back.  So pretty much don't call me...I'll call you.  I hope she will think about the things they said though...there is so much hope in their message...I don't think she has a lot of that in her life right now.
I  

No comments: