Monday, May 21, 2012

My little sweeties...




I started this monkey when Camille's family was here for Easter.  (Olivia, five minutes after I started it ...:  " Is it done yet grama?"  "Ohhhhhhh not quite dear, it might take me a little while cause its gonna be big!"  'Olivia: "OK, well you let me know when you're finished cause I'm really excited about it!")
It did end up taking me quite a while! ( I had a few other projects that needed immediate attention so he had to be set aside)  I sent it to her with Camille's Mother's day package!
She called me when she got it and said she really loves it!  This is a big step for her because for some reason, she has always been afraid of monkeys.  ( It was pretty hilarious!...when she would come to our house, she would look around and see if there was any monkeys...I know it sounds weird, we had a few stuffed monkeys that the kids had and a little monkey that went with some of KC's old toys down in the play room...anyway, she would take anything monkey related and put it in a drawer or in the closet and shut the door.  Then she would be all relieved.  Anyway, when we were looking through the patterns, I thought that would be the last one she would choose so when she did,  I was like " are you sure you want a monkey?"  "Yes grama, I'm not scared anymore!" ( I sewed some flowers on it to make it seem a little friendlier...just in case)

Olivia called me the other day..."Grama! my tooth came out!"  " Oh! good!  did the tooth fairy come?"  "Yes!  and I got two whole dollars!"  






Olivia at her graduation from pre school!  Wow her teacher goes all out!  Camille said she has really loved this teacher and Liv has too.  A special lady named Heidi. 
Kate has been spending some weekends with Camille's family...so glad they are close enough to be able to do this.  Sisters are the best!
And then there is Sam.  I just want to eat him.
Yesterday at church, I was talking to Diane.   She asked me about the grand kids and I told her how they were growing so fast and how I was missing them.   She got teary eyed and said " My grand kids have grown up now...one is 18 and another 16....and they have lived far away from us all of that time.  It breaks my heart now to think what I missed out on.  I love them and they love me, but we don't really know each other."  Then I started to cry too.
Please don't be far away forever.

1 comment:

Angie said...

you make the cutest things! glad kate can spend so much time there I wish I could afford to go to Lisa's more often.