Thursday, May 26, 2011

A few things from these past few days...


Loving the beautiful plants and flowers that were given to us...


Hydrangea are my favorite...remind me so much of mom. Kelley was talking with Will Cotner on Sunday and offered to watch their little boy, Colton while they went to the temple Tuesday night.
OK...that's cool....I just needed to bubble wrap our house before he arrived.
This is not your normal two year old. He has gotten a reputation in our ward, not only from what we see in sacrament meeting, but from the things his parents tell us. He is extremely active...ok, pretty normal for a two year old boy, but he is pretty destructive too. He smashed their new flat screen tv in with his dad's golf club. Then when Will was detailing Dianes car, Colton was "helping" his dad with all the sprays, and got hold of the acid cleaner and sprayed it on the tires. So he put Colton inside the car so he couldn't get into any more trouble...Colton found a ball point pen and scribbled all over their leather seats. These are just a few examples.
He is so darn cute though, I couldn't stay mad at him. He always has the biggest smile and is really friendly and smart.
Anyway, I was happy to have him over...just knew we would not be letting him out of our sight for a second!
When he arrived, he couldn't wait to go see the fishies...they had been over a few weeks ago and he remembered. So we went out to the pond. I think he would have jumped right in...did not even slow down when he got to the edge of the pond. I got a good hold on one hand and Kelley let him feed the fish with the other one.
He had fun running around with Lizzy and swinging. Then we came inside and he climbed up on the couch like he wanted to watch tv. I asked him if he wanted to watch a movie and put Tangled in. He sat and watched for a while, then he started saying shrek, shrek. I said
I'll put shrek in when this is over. I went upstairs to answer the phone and all the sudden I notice there is no noise coming from the tv. I run down there and he had gotten into the cabinet with all the movies in it and had found shrek...had taken Tangled out ( don't ask me how he figured that out...It took me about 3 months to get it to work) and put Shrek in. He had put it in upside down though, so it wouldn't play...he just kept saying shrek, shrek.
Seriously, I couldn't believe it! He is only two! When his parents picked him up I was telling Diane about it. She said they use the play station for dvds so it's not even like ours. She wasn't surprised though. That's one smart little guy. When we were outside with Colton, the relief society presidency came over and brought me this beautiful blanket. We had a real nice visit. I love those ladies.



That's something I will cherish.



No comments: