Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter in California

Computer is giving me fits today so this may take a while...We went to California this year for Easter...to help Katie move to her new apartment, but mostly just to be together with our family. Ahhhhhhh so nice to see them all again!





Camille and Kellen drove down Thursday night so we all got there about the same time.




Had to make our first stop at TK burger
Kelley entertaining us on the ride






We went to a big EGGstravaganza on Saturday ...lots of fun (so000 many people!)



But we all divided up into the different lines of activities so we didn't have to wait too long.


























Sam was so happy the whole trip...I could just eat him!








A few pictures of moving Katie to her new apartment...I got the best job...playing with Liv and Sam!














































Olivia is so cute with Sam...she has taken on the responsibility of full time babysitter and never tires of trying to make him smile.












Kate has some good friends there that have helped the move go easier...we were going to buy a dolly, but a friend of hers offered one she had to move the fridge











Had a real nice day at the beach...ahhhh it felt so nice to feel the sun again!



















More pictures from the Eggstravaganza...




































Olivia was very happy about becoming a butterfly... Sunday morning she had a complete come-apart when it had to be washed off to go to church.









She hit two of the three in bean bag toss game...winner!




We went to the swap meet and found a few things for Kate's kitchen.



















Olivia in her pretty Easter dress









We went to Katie's church...it was a really good meeting. Four men sang "There is a green hill far away" in harmony and it was really beautiful.



Katie taught the gospel doctrine class and did a great job. She is a wonderful teacher. I was sure proud of her.



Came back to Kate's place to find Easter baskets...challenging to hide in a small apartment but Kelley out did his self ...he is kind of warped like that...gets great joy out of watching us hunt and hunt and hunt.









I think Liv liked the bunnies I put in her basket...Colleen was so sweet to share three cute bunnies with me...they just needed some clothes. So I sewed some little dresses and a little suit for the boy bunny.





This was a little bunny I made for Sam...Olivia said she would take care of it till Sam got a little bigger.

















Candice couldn't take it anymore and threw her veganism out the window Sunday afternoon.



Ha! Thats a flaming cheeto she's indulging in!















We stayed at Dan and Brenda's home in St. George on the way home. It was so kind and generous of them to offer.


St. George was lovely and warm which made it hard to drive home into a complete blizzard.


So grateful for the chance to get away and spend that time with my beautiful family...I'm so grateful for each one of them...they are everything to me! Being with the grandkids really is about the best thing ever...they just make me happy! I miss them so much..I feel like I am leaving a chunk of my heart behind when I kiss them goodbye... It's kind of like getting a dose of a wonderful drug, then taking it away. I sure long for the time when we can see them all the time....this couple of days every few months is hard!


No comments: