Monday, March 1, 2010

Couldn't sleep so I thought I would write a little about the past few days. Hoping to see my sweetie walk through the door very soon! He called last night about 11:00 and said they had just got onto Vegas, so then they had the 5 hour drive ahead of them. This was after flying to Miami, 4 hour layover and then the 4 hour flight across the country. I'm sure he will be exhausted by the time he gets home.
I"m so excited to see him and have him home again. I've missed him so much. He surely is my better half and I don't feel complete without him. I hate to say that I'm needy, but I guess I am. I need him. But it's ok cause he needs me too. Kind of nice how that works out.
I got a cool text from him yesterday. He said that this is the rainy season for them now in Haiti, but it has been dry while they have been there. The people there put on a little program for them after they finished work on saturday to thank them for what they had done. Kelley said as soon as they finished, it started raining.
From what Kelley has told me, I know they have been watched over and blessed. I can't wait to see his pictures and hear all about his adventure.
Katie flew into town friday night. Her friend Ashley was getting married saturday. It's hard to describe the spectrum of emotions going on here, kind of a rough weekend.
I imagine all mothers feel like this, but watching your kids struggle through the trials and difficult times in their lives has got to be the worst. I think as mothers we are so closely bound (spiritually and emotionally) with each of our children that we can feel the pain they are going through. Want to take it away so much. Surely there must be a reason for the good and the bad things we experience in this life. I know it is all part of our own personal test here on earth. So along with sharing in the tears and lots of hugs, I guess the only thing I can do is to pray for my children and put it into the Lords hands.

1 comment:

stacey said...

hang on to my little lesson...."HE'S got your back!" Our children are great kids and they are trying their best to do what's right.(most of the time-heh) We taught them the gospel and how to depend on the Lord...now it's in HIS hands and we have to watch. SIGH! I'm there with ya!