Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sweet Dreams

Even though it's been snowy and cold all day, I've never felt more warm and content.
I woke up early this morning (4:30 or so) I always do on Wednesday morning. Kelley had already been up for a while.
Me: "Did you get an email this morning?"
Kelley: no answer. I thought.."well he must have not heard me" Kelley: "Why don't you check and see if you got one" He put his robe around me and followed me downstairs. Sure enough I had one. This is what I read:
3/31/2010


Hey Mom, I am safe and sound, so no worries about the bombs. We had an interesting week. We went with Aleksei to so goodbye at the train station, it was hard for me, but we found out that there are actually 4 missionaries in his city, so we arranged to have them meet him at the station in Moldova, and it all worked out, and I heard that things are going good and that he is going to be baptized! So that is way awesome, he wanted to do it here, but he really want to go home too, so now everything worked out. I am so happy for him and can’t wait to get pictures, ill send them to you for sure. I don’t know if I ever told you, but he told me that he read the Book of Mormon 4 times in the months since we met. Incredible right?! We also were able to find a new investigator last week, his name is Garry, he is a friend of someone who used to meet with the missionaries. We me Garry’s friend on the metro and then he came with Garry, we gave him a BoM and he said he would read. If I could ask for one random thing in a package it would be new socks, mine aren’t so new anymore. and maybe some creamy peanut butter. and then I would be satisfied. I finished the BoM recently and it was really incredible, My testimony grew so much, I have been reading the New Test. since and I love it too, it has been cool to see how the Savior acted and the things he said, I love the scriptures, there is an endless amount of priceless knowledge in them. Isn’t it great? I am so grateful for the knowledge that we have of him and his life, even though it is limited. I would just challenge you guys to show your appreciation for the Scriptures by studying them more sincerely and more often. Ask questions and find answers. I know that it has changed my view on things since been studying well everyday. I promise it will help you too. I love you guys.
Elder Jensen
So I read it, then invited Kelley to read it. Me: "So did you get one?" Kelley: "Yes" Me: "Well can I read it?" ( we always share our emails with each other!) Kelley: "no" Me: "hmmmmmm why not?" Kelley: "You just can't" So I sat there and thought about it for a minute. I figured it was just something private between those two, so I just let it go.... Kelley could see I was kind of flustered though, so he said "ok, you can read it" By then I was like "if you don't want me to read it, I won't...I understand if it's private!" He said, " that's not it... you better read it"
Re: Bombings?‏
From:
Kelley Carson Jensen (kelley.jensen@myldsmail.net)
Sent:
Wed 3/31/10 3:23 AM
To:
Kelley Jensen (jkj51156@hotmail.com)
That is way cool to hear a story about how the spirit was working so strongly through her. Stories like that are really like my favorite thing to hear and to experience. I love that the Lord really wants us to know his will and has prepared a way for us to receive it. Incredible how it works. So yeah there were bombings on Monday morning here. It was at a station that is like 10 minutes from our main church building in the center of the city, but all the missionaries were still at home studying so we are all safe. We got a call Monday morning before companion study and our zone leaders told us not to go outside today, so we just hung out at home all day, it was really unsatisfying because we had a super good day planned. Oh well. It was two women apparently who stuck bombs to themselves, they ended up killing like 38 people. It was really awful. and now security is crazy, I had to walk through a scanner to get to this email place. So, its a little nerve racking riding on the subway now, but what can you do, we cant really go anywhere without it. Maybe don't tell Mom all of that? Just tell her that I'm safe and that President Cranney is taking good care of us, and most importantly the Lord is watching out for us, so we are always in good hands. We are way safe at our apartment, and we don't ride them metro tons, so no worries. I hope you had a good week, tell the ward hello from me. I love you Dad.
Elder Jensen
That explains a lot. Kind of unsettling, but I needed to know what was going on.... I'm the mom...need the info! I had asked K.C. about the bombings in my email to him. He is a sweet heart to want to keep me from worrying about him. Kelley and I talked about it a little bit, then he went to work. It was still pretty early, and I thought if I went back to bed I'd never wake up to go to racquetball, so I decided to just lay down and read my scriptures for a while.
The next thing I knew, I was getting the best hug ever from K.C.! He said he could only stay for a little while. We sat in the living room and talked about his mission. He was wearing his black suit and looked very grown up and handsome. He had on his missionary badge with his name written in Russian. He told me how much he loved being a missionary...he said he had never been happier. Then he sat at the piano and started playing a Russian song, but after a minute, it turned into As I have loved you . It all seemed very natural and so very real. Then the sound of footsteps began to drown out the piano music... and then K.C. was gone and Kelley was standing there at the foot of the bed. They had gotten snowed out at the job. I was all flustered for a minute... I wasn't ready to wake up!
Kelley came and held me while I told him about my dream.
Sounds kind of crazy, but I think Heavenly Father knew I needed a hug from my boy, whether it was in my head or my heart, or just in a lovely dream. What ever it was, I am so grateful for this sweet gift ...I can still feel the warmth of his arms around me.

3 comments:

Holly said...

What a nice little dream...even if it only lasted for a minute. I love reading your blog!

stacey said...

see.."He" really does have our backs doesn't he!
love,
stac

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

What a sweet, tender mercy! You make me miss those missionary years!!