Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Had a fun night with the Young Women last night.
The value for March is Individual worth and I wanted the girls to do something that would help them think about what wonderful young women they are, so I found this idea of making a journal jar. It was all questions about them that told their young life history.
It turned out to be pretty fun. We would pick one of the questions, then go around and have all the girls answer what they thought about it. I think they enjoyed telling a little bit about their selves and got to know each other a little better.
It was neat to hear what the girls hopes and dreams are. Each one of the girls is so unique and different from the others. It was cool to hear them respond to each others answers. They were really supportive of each other and gave lots of positive feed back. "Wow you really are a good singer...I heard you at the school performance doing a solo" "I think that's neat that you are good at so many different sports" "I bet that is so fun to get to work with animals every day!" "I think that's cool that your learning how to cook and cater parties" "I've seen your modeling pictures...they are really great!" "You taught yourself to play that piano? that's really cool!" "You're good at the guitar and the piano!"
I was so impressed with each one of the girls and the sweet spirit that was there as they lifted each other up.
Caitlin doing her ROTC moves. So glad she came...she doesn't make it very often so I was thrilled when she showed up. She is always so much fun and is a good leader to the other girls.

Jenny is so good with the girls. She always makes sure each one feels welcome. The girls love her because she is so fun and cares about each one of them.
It was so funny when the girls were showing me the text message Jenny had sent them to remind them about last night's activity. She has texting skills that are about like mine. She said she was trying to be hip and use all the abbreviations the kids use but it didn't turn out quite right. We all had a good laugh over that. The girls told us it would probably be better if we didn't even try! HA! What ever!


I took these cookies to YW on Sunday and they all said they wanted to learn how to make them so we did that too. Just a funfetti cake mix, but always a winner. The rainbow chip frosting is the key. If I could put that on everything I eat, I think I would be very happy.

Faith is such a doll. I could tell she was feeling kind of sad last night, so I got talking to her and found out that Leslie had just been told that the store was closing the day before. I think she probably had an idea because she does their books, but Faith said it was really hard on her. She has worked there for a long time. She said she feels like they were blessed though because Harold came home that same day and said that he had gotten a raise!
Anyway, Faith is a pretty special person. So glad to have her for my friend and next door neighbor. She always has a smile and a hug for me and tells me that she loves me. I love her too! I so enjoy serving with these special young women!

2 comments:

stacey said...

Those YW are SOOOO lucky...NO...BLESSED to have you as part of their lives and program! So am I!

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

This Mom is grateful for your investment in our girls! You are perfect for them right now!