Tuesday, November 3, 2009



These are just some random pictures from last week. They kept talking on the news about about this big cold snap we were going to have that would freeze everything so I cut this pretty bunch of cosmos so we could enjoy them a little bit longer.

It did get very cold and froze the garden good, so i went out and tried to wrestle the tomatillos's out of their cages. (They like it in there) Also pulled out all the dead pepper and squash and tomato plants.


Kelley and Jamey went up by fruitland on Dan's dad's property and cut a bunch of firewood.
We really used a lot of firewood last year, (everything we had!) so we needed to stock up. Kelley wants to take a trip down to Timberlane to get some of the wood they have there all ready to take. They had a beetle infestation down there a few years ago and had to cut down a bunch of the trees that were dead. Might be nice to visit that place for something other than girls camp.


Merrilee asked me if I would help her with a little blanket for this cute little cradle they were going to restore and give to Hannah for her birthday.
Kelley sanded all the old stain off and I sewed a little pad, pillow and blanket. Merrilee had found some cute fabric, and I used a few things I had here and it turned out pretty cute!
I think I will make one for my own little sweet pea.

Monkey likes it.


2 comments:

Angie said...

We had a frost here too and my tomatoes were late in getting red. So I picked as many green ones as I could and put them on the dryer to ripen. I just made a ton of salsa last week with them. That little blanket set is so cute!

Holly said...

The little blanket set is SO cute...thank you for making that.