Monday, November 16, 2009

Little Lamb

How very lucky the kids were to have their sweet grandma to read to them and play with them. To spoil them and worry about them. To laugh with them and cry with them. To support them, pray for them and to listen to them. To unconditionally love them.
Just found out that a dear sister has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer ( same that took Grandma from us) and my heart is aching for her and her family. Cancer is so cruel. It doesn't care if she has so much more life to live, so much more to do, so many sweet grandchildren waiting to snuggle up in bed next to her and doze off to the sound of her reading Peter Rabbit. I know we all have a plan for our lives and when it is our time to go home, then we go. Just hard to accept sometimes.

5 comments:

kat said...

I can hear her calling me her little lamb and can smell her soap after she just got out of the shower to lay in the newly cleaned sheets and read Victorian Homes magazine. Oh man I miss her.

lessdirtydirt said...

I've been wearing my isotoners.

ScHnEiToWn said...

Brandyn's grampa is battling pancreatic cancer. . .such an ugly ugly disease! I bet you guys miss her!

stacey said...

this is the SWEETEST picture ever! Lovely ladies like this is who I want to be to my grandkids...hope I can match up!!!

Camille said...

Oh Mom I can't believe how cute this picture is! So many memories came flooding into my head reading this. She was amazing.