Sunday, November 8, 2009

I got a nice surprise in my email from some members in K.C.'s area. This is what she said:
Dear sister Jensen, your son came with his companion to help us with the Internet setup for which we had had great problems.
While here I took his picture and said I would sent it to you. He is well.
Sister Overly
Wow! That made my day! We also got a great email from K.C.

From:
Kelley Jensen (kcjensen@myldsmail.net)
Sent:
Wed 11/04/09 4:17 AM
To:
pjdaisy50@hotmail.com
Hey guys!Hope you had a happy Halloween. Mine was actually exactly like every other day. No trick or treating. So winter has arrived here, I thought it was kinda cold before but it has been way cold recently. I thought that snow would be way fun, and it was, until thousands of people walked on it and then it turned into ice. My shoes are slippery leather on the bottom so it was a little scary I almost fell about 30 times. But I went and bought some boots today so it will be better. I also bought a new coat, because every member we visited said mine wouldn't be warm enough, so basically I had to spend a bunch of money today. We had 54 people in our branch on Sunday so that was awesome! I think the first week we had like 35 or so but we combined branches, so things are moving along here. We weren't able to meet with Boris and Galina this week but hopefully on Friday, they are still reading the Book Of Mormon. I have had a little cold this week but I'm getting over it now, the flu is apparently going around but i got my shot so I should be fine. I heard there was a package for me so we went to get it and then it wasn't there, we get our mail from our central building so its safe, I have no clue where it went but I'm way sad about it. was it in an envelope? Hope i find it. I cant believe Ive already been out almost a transfer, one more week. Its been really good and i have learned a lot. I taught a couple little lessons to members last night, my Russian is getting better, but its still pretty hard. I am enjoying my time here, i think that if I'm not transfered, I will get to see at least one baptism next transfer. This area has a lot of promise. love you guys.
He also sent a sweet personal note for Kelley and I. Can I just say that I love my boy!
Candice started feeling sick Tuesday morning, and by afternoon had to leave work. She had a bad cough, sore throat, runny nose and body aches. She came over so mom could take care of her and stayed for a few days. Nothing I gave her made her feel any better, so Wednesday night, I took her over to insta-care. It was pretty freaky to walk in there and right by the front door, they have a table with masks and hand sanitizers on it with a sign that says "If you have a cough, cold, or fever, put on a mask."
The whole room was full of people wearing masks.
We went up to the desk to get Candice signed in and the lady taking her information asked her what her symptoms were. She told her and she said "You got it baby!"
We tried to find the least crowded place to sit and wait for her to be called back. There was seriously some very sick people there. I kind of felt dumb to have taken Candice there cause compared to others there, she was not so bad.
We finally went back and saw the doctor. He listened to her lungs and asked her a bunch of questions. Then he said he could do a test for the swine flu, but he would treat her the same if she had it or not. He said they have something called Tamaflu to treat the flu, but it doesn't really help very much, and can cause hallucinations, so he didn't recommend that. He told her her lungs were clear and that was the biggest concern. He said very rarely people get pneumonia with this and that has been what has been killing people. So if she was not better in two days she was supposed to come back in. He said the media was kind of blowing things out of proportion and scaring people. He said he had seen about 1500 people with this flu, and only two have gone to the hospital with it. So we just went home, and she suffered through a few more days of it. I went a little crazy with the Lysol...no offense Candice, but I don't want to get this!

Friday morning I went up to mom's. We had kind of a hectic morning because Leslie had called a company to come clean mom's carpet and she also had a dentist appointment.
The carpet cleaners got there a little bit late, so by the time I explained what we wanted them to do, we really had to hurry to get to the dentist. You can't really hurry with mother. She had on her slippers, so I just grabbed some shoes out of her closet and thought we could put them on on the way. When we got there, I tried to get the shoes on her feet, but they were too swollen, so she had to just wear her slippers. She wasn't very happy about that. Sorry mom!
When we finally shuffled into his office, we were about 30 minutes late. Oh well, I think they understand. They love my mom at the dentist. She has been through a lot with them, (" did you misplace your teeth again Jean?") and think she is about the sweetest lady ever. True that!
We came home to very nice clean carpets! Leslie had a neighbor who was selling a couch and love seat and we were looking for a new one for mom, so she bought it from her. Saturday morning, Leslie and Alan brought it down and we took out the old couch and put in the new one. It was really nice and she was tickled with it.
Kelley drove up to mom's Friday afternoon after work. We both worked out in the yard till it got dark raking leaves, cutting dead branches and pulling up dead flowers. He also shut down her sprinklers and put away the lawn furniture. There is so much to do up there...it's like everywhere you look, there is something that is either falling apart or needs to be cleaned up or trimmed or cut down! I sure do appreciate him getting so much done! Alan and Phil came over and helped get some dead branches out.


Kelley said the roof he was standing on up there was not very
strong. I'm just glad he didn't go through it!Teina and Brenda and Leslie all came over and we got the next few months planned. We decided to celebrate mom's birthday on Christmas day because that is when most of the family could be there. I think it's going to be nice. We were trying to think of things she would like and decided to make a little slide show with all the pictures we all have with her in them. We talked about having everyone think of a memory they have with mom and to share that, and also for us girls sing her favorite songs and maybe make a recording for her to listen to later. She always wants us to sing, so I think she will like that.
I stayed till later that afternoon doing some things around the house, and just sitting with mom on the fancy new couch. Last rose of summer

1 comment:

Angie said...

poor Candy! Feel better soon k thanks. KC sounds like he is doing pretty good. Its so great he has already influenced so many people. I am so glad you guys could help grandma out so much! I know she was fighting getting a new couch but this has got to smell better then the last one! Yuck! I am excited to have her celebration just worried we are not all going to fit in the front room:(