Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

So glad to have Katie and Candice with us for Thanksgiving. Helps us feel like Grandma is still with us a little bit when we're all wearing her aprons. Peeling them spuds


That's a lovely vegtable tray you have there!

Enjoyed spending some time with Grampa and Pat
Kelley's dad wanted to contribute something for the meal, but couldn't really cook anything so instead he gave me 100.00 to put in K.C.'s account. He has been a great support for K.C. I'm so grateful for him...how lucky we have been to have him with us for so long...90 next week!Rolls...mmmmmmmm
Don't try to make vegan corn dip
no bueno

Katie was telling me about some yams she had at a Thanksgiving dinner with her ward friends. They had apples baked in them. It sounded good so we gave it a try...delicious!
I found a recipe on the internet for cooking your turkey (moist and tender!) They used melted butter and chicken broth to pour over it, Then they rubbed mayonaise all over the bird. It got rave reviews, so I tried it and it was really good.

I love cooking with my girls.
Spencer came by later for pie and a nice visit.
Merrill had given Kelley some great tickets to the Jazz game so Katie and Kelley went to that. Candice and I have been trying to find a time to go see the "New Moon" movie (loved it) so it worked out to be great finish to a real nice Thanksgiving.
The only thing that would have made it nicer would be if Camille, Kellen and Olivia could have been with us. I know...I've got to share. Still don't like it.
K.C. told us in his last email that he would be eating Thanksgiving dinner with their Senior couple. Gosh, I miss him bad...it's time's like these when I really feel that big empty space in my heart....but I'm so grateful that there are people there that are watching over him and are feeding him and loving him for me. Makes it easier for me knowing that he's happy.
My heart is full...so is my tummy...ahhhhhh too much pie!


1 comment:

Angie said...

why are you awake so early?! Its after the sales so no excuses! I am glad you had a fun Thanksgiving. I think this is the first one I have ever missed. I did have a great time with Lisa so it didn't make it as hard.