Sunday, May 7, 2017


Last Sunday was a special day.  KC turned 27!  Wow that sounds so crazy!  It sure is true that the years go faster the older you get cause I don't know where the last 5 years have gone!  It seems like he just got home from his mission but that was 6 years ago.  A lot has gone on in those 6 years and he has grown into this remarkable young man.  I realize I may sound prejudice, but he really is a special guy.  I've always loved his tender kind heart.  I don't know if being raised by three older sisters had anything to do with it, but he is very sensitive to peoples feelings and will go out of his way to show compassion and empathy to those around him. 
I haven't ever had to worry about what KC was doing because he has proved to us over the years that he has integrity and a strong desire to do what is right. That means so much to me! 
KC is fiercely dedicated and loyal to his family.  He has special relationships with all his sisters and talks with each of them most every day.  I love that they all truly love and enjoy each other and would choose to spend time with each other over anyone else.  
KC is just the best son you could ever ask for.  He is always there to help Kelley out anytime he needs him and loves working and playing with him.  Their love for fishing has been something that's brought them even closer.  Their relationship is pretty special. 
As for me, I feel like KC has been one of the greatest blessings in my life.  We have a lot in common and enjoy talking about just about anything. We enjoy and appreciate a lot of the same things and love to share and talk about things that are important to us. He is funny and smart and just a joy to be around!  Snapped a picture of him trying on his graduation robes for us.  Doesn't he look great! 


Candice came over and we spent a lovely afternoon together.







 Bees are doing good.  Love to see them buzzing around all the flowers in the yard.  Aren't these strawberry blossoms the cutest?



 This was Kelley's latest project...an amazing kitchen table for a lady from Mapleton who wanted a piece made from the barn they tore down there. It amazes me how they can take that old beat up barn wood and turn it into something like this! It turned out really nice.
 Oh and this was just a little side project Kelley made while Kate was out of town....ummm can I have that?  Love it!







 We got KC a bunch of camping equipment because he's been doing that quite a bit lately. I went shopping with him to have him pick out a few clothes he liked but we really struck out.  He couldn't find any shoes he was crazy about and no pants in his size in all the stores we went in.  He did find a nice shirt so I got that for him.  He has the patience of trying things on that he must have inherited from Kelley. I think at one point he compared trying on clothes to going to the dentist.  Ha!

 Candice always comes up with the most thoughtful gifts that are really personal and meaningful.  Katie is very thoughtful that way too.


 Katie was in Lake Powell and we were missing Camille too so we tried to do face time with both of them. We got through to Katie, (Camille was sick and had turned her phone off so she didn't see till later that we had tried to reach her) and sang happy birthday together.  I made KC an angel food cake with strawberries cause that's his favorite.  I found these sparkly candles that won't go out and they were kind of fun. Sure do love this guy and feel lucky and blessed to be his mom!  



No comments: