Saturday, November 7, 2015

When I heard a few months ago that Garth Brooks was coming to Salt Lake, I thought I'd sure like to go!  He has always been a favorite.  Then we were in Mexico and I kind of forgot about it. Then when we got home and I found out he had so many people that wanted to get tickets, he decided to do 4 more shows!  I started looking online to see if there were any tickets for sale but by the time I called about them, they were sold.  I had kind of given up on the idea and Katie said "why don't you look on KSL classifieds".  So I did and there were quite a few for sale. I thought I would get some nosebleed seats, but I didn't care.  I called a guy that said he had "flash seats" for sale.  I didn't know what that was but thought I would see what he said.  He said he had some seats in section 115 which was way to the side and since they were flash seats, I would have to download that app in order to buy them.  I was kind of wary of it so I looked up what they were and it was a code that he would send to me and I have them scan it at the door and that's my ticket.  I was thinking I would check out some of the other people selling tickets before I bought those so while I was looking at some other ones, this guy calls me back and says some people he had promised some seats to had decided they just needed two instead of four, so there was two seats in section 22 available.  Ha!  I thought they would be a lot more, but he said they were the same price as the nosebleed seats!  I saw an interview they did with Garth where he said he wasn't going to let scalpers jack up the price on his tickets.  I don't know how he worked that out but the tickets were only 75 dollars!  I was so excited! Katie helped me get the flash seat app on my phone and he sent the code after I paid him.  Gosh I love technology.
I had got up early and got all my popcorn balls made for the trick or treaters, so I put them in a big tub and set them out on the front porch, then we were on our way.
We got there early enough to get something to eat.  The Energy Solutions Arena  was sold to Vivint Smart Home and they have definitely improved the food choices. 
For the opening act, they had Karyn Rochelle sing.  She is a back up singer for Garth and was excellent.


 These were our seats.  When we walked in and saw where they were we just looked at each other like 'are you kidding me?'  We were just giddy!


II wanted to video pretty much every song...cause I loved every song!  He really stuck to his oldies and he has so many great hits, he just went on and on!  Trisha Yearwood joined him and was just amazing too!  
The videos I recorded were all too long to put on here so I tried to edit and shorten some of them.
















He went on for a couple hours, dancing around the stage with more energy than I've ever seen.  After two oncores, he came out with just his guitar and people held up posters with songs they loved and he sang them. Trisha joined him again at the end and they sang together.  It really was an incredible, fun concert...everyone just sang along with him to all these songs we love.  Definitely the best I've ever seen.  

No comments: