Monday, November 16, 2015

I haven't said much about my new calling in the stake...mostly because I haven't been doing anything!  I'm not complaining, I know that's how stake callings are.  I've gone to a couple youth council meetings, but that's about it. Brenda told me she's not into meetings unless they are really necessary, so I will just wait to hear from her.  Stacey planned a camp meeting with all the wards camp leaders and presidents.  She's not one to wait around and see what happens. She gets things done!  I get that!  She has a huge undertaking ahead of her in planning and carrying out a stake girls camp! 
Now the Young Women in Excellence programs are beginning so that will be fun.  I went to our ward YWIE last Sunday night.  It was kind of weird to be able to just sit there and enjoy the evening and not worry about anything!  My heart was kind of aching though cause I miss the association with those girls and the other leaders.  You get to be pretty close in a calling like that.  It's also pretty amazing how you just get to love the girls.  I was talking to JoAnn after,  She has been called as an advisor for the Laurels.  She is so awesome!  She said "I thought I was too old for this job, but  I found out I'm not!"  
She told me in the short time she has been in, she has grown to love the girls so much.  She truly cares about each one and was thinking of ways she could encourage the ones who haven't been there to come out.They are so lucky to have her. 
 They also put Diane Burns in as a advisor.  I've served with her a few times in yw before and she is so much fun.  The girls are in good hands.  I had to get a picture and lots of hugs after the program was over.  

Those cute girls will always have a special place in my heart

No comments: