Sunday, November 29, 2015


Last weekend was kind of crazy.  Katie had promised some people in Arizona she would bring some furniture they had ordered down to them...that was when we were thinking of going there for Thanksgiving.  Then we realized KC and Candice couldn't come cause they had school and work, so we decided to not go....then we decided to go again, only to be back in time to have Thanksgiving with KC and Candice.  Ha! Crazy right?  So Sunday morning Kelley and Katie took off with the  car loaded with all the wood pieces.  I couldn't go with them cause I was supposed to talk in church with Josh at the 12th ward.  He asked me a long time ago so i couldn't really let him down.  So I went to our church, then to the 12th ward Sacrament meeting.  It was Carla and Brian and cousin Dan's ward so it was nice to see some friendly faces out there.  KC and Candice came to support me too.  They are the best! Josh scared me for a minute when he was up there talking about telling some stories me...he's got some good ones.  Then he said some real nice stuff about me instead.  He is a good guy.   Anyway, I was sure glad when that was over! 
Then that evening, I went to Terry R. mom's viewing with Rick and Stacey. She had passed away kind of suddenly after a fall.  She has had a lot of health problems for years so it was kind of a nice way for her to go. I sure do love their family.
I came home and hung out with KC but didn't get started packing till about 11:30, then when I got to bed, I couldn't go to sleep.  It was a bad night.  I was worried I would't wake up in time for my flight, which was ridiculously early.  So I think I slept for about 45 minutes total.  KC was a peach to take me to the airport at 4:15.  no really, he is the best.
We didn't take off for about a half hour after we boarded because they were de-icing the plane.
So I had a layover in Denver for an hour...seriously, when they said on the internet that this was a poor flight, they weren't kidding.  But we took so long to take off in Utah, that by the time we got to Denver, they were already boarding the plane.  I had to walk quite a ways to get to my gate and by the time I got my boarding pass and seat, most everyone was already on the plane.  I was wedged between two big men on that flight...oh boy.  I just sat real still and tired to be small.
When we landed, I was at a different area that I hadn't seen before.  I think they were remodeling or something. So I called Camille.  She was just coming from the doctor and was unfamiliar with that part of the airport too but we finally found each other.  I'll tell you what, seeing that face made the whole big hassel of getting there worth it. I just miss her terribly.
So we had two days to play and we crammed everything we could into that short time.
I could not get enough of this little bug.  She is the sweetest, funniest girl.  And she gives hugs like no other.
I took her to the bathroom in Walmart and she said "Look Grama...it's just my size!"


Liv and I played two square

Scooted around with Emily


Camille, Kelley, Katie and I went to the gym Tuesday morning.  I love their gym cause it has racquetball.  Kelley, Camille and I played cutthroat ...it's all fun and games till they threaten to hit me cause I'm beating them, then the next serve, Camille nails me in the back.  Haaaaa  Sure I believe you didn't mean to do that!   It was a lot of fun.



Hobby lobby is always a good time...Em found a few things she wanted to take home. 

Rolled around on the air mattress with the kiddos



Grampa must spoil.  We don't get nearly enough opportunities to do that so we have to take full advantage when we can.




Playing cards with Olivia...She beats me every time.


Sam is just the cutest little guy.  He is a tender heart and says the sweetest and funniest things. 

We went to the park while we were waiting for Sam to get done with preschool.  Emily loves the slide.  I couldn't help it, I just had to put all of these videos on here.  She is killing me...."here my come!"  I could sit and watch them all day.












We made sugar cookies and had the kids help decorate them.  
Ate way too many.  Seriously gained two pounds.




Camille got out her Christmas decorations and we helped her set her tree up.  It was sweet to watch the kids play with Nativity set.




My happy place


Seriously though...
Loved helping Camille decorate the tree.  It seemed like we were putting way too many ornaments on it, but when we got done, it was beautiful! 


Just seeing the wonder and excitement of these kids filled my heart to overflowing. Christmas is so wonderful with little ones around.






And then just like that, it was late Tuesday night. That time went by way too fast.  Had to say my goodbyes to the kids then cause we were leaving early in the morning. 
Even though it was just for a few days, it was wonderful and well worth the trip.  I'd give anything to have the kids closer to us so we could do things like this all the time.  But for now, I will have to just collect sweet memories when I can and be grateful for those.
  



No comments: