Saturday, April 5, 2014

 
 
 
I'm going to review the week in reverse just because that's the way my pictures came out!
(yes I'm still struggling with uploading my pictures...heaven help me...it's only been 5 years)
So today I woke up with a full blown cold.  Kelley has had a terrible cough and cold the last few days and Candice was pretty sick yesterday, so after class, she came over and let me take care of her for the day.  It was bound to happen.  Kelley said last night night, I would stop breathing for several seconds, then all the sudden have a big snort. (This snorting also woke me up it was so loud)  So it goes without saying that neither one of us got much sleep last night.  Sorry dear.
Yesterday, when KC got home from school, he went to give Candice a hug, but when he saw how sick she was, this was as close as he would get.  He's no dummy.
 
 
 We got to spend a nice day together though.  She got some much needed rest and we had lots of time to talk. Then we went shopping a bit over to JoAnns. It always cheers me up to get new floss! I love that Candice and I share this obsession.

Wednesday was Susan's birthday. I had made her some cupcakes, (German chocolate, with coconut pecan frosting) but the frosting went a bit to sugar. I was so sad! This recipe always turns out for me...it's mums tried and true out of the old Providence cookbook! It must have been because it was rainy when I made it??? I don't know. Anyway, I was thinking I just wouldn't take them and KC said "they really aren't bad and wouldn't it be better for her to know that you cared enough to try anyway?" He is kind of smart.   Reminds me of that quote I have stitched... "The smallest good deed done is better than the grandest intention" So I gave her my smallest good deed....and she was so sweet and grateful. It was a fun day at racquetball. Susan is such a dear lady...we have been playing together for about 25 years now. We always have a good game together because we play so much alike. She will get some points, then I will get some points, the games are always close. And whoever wins, it doesn't matter. All of the ladies at racquetball are great.  I love that Marsha has started playing again. She played years ago when we first moved into this area.  I think Ruth was really surprised to see her.  She is just as good as ever though and it's so fun to see her every week! It's more of a social event where we catch up on each others lives, then play racquetball after that. 
 These are some pretty daffodils out of the rock garden.  Aren't they the most cheerful flower ever?  Even after the snowstorm beat them down, they pop right back up and are as pretty as ever!
I went out and picked this bunch before the missionaries came for dinner.  We have new Elders serving in our stake so I was glad to have them. I met them on Sunday after Sacrament meeting. Then when they came to the door Wednesday night, there was only  one that I had met before and the other one had just been transferred to this area.  The new one, I have to say, has got to be  about the most shy person I've ever met.  The poor guy, it felt like it was just painful for him to answer any of our questions.   The other one was more talkative though, so we had a pleasant dinner and they left us with a good message and a blessing on our home.  I love the missionaries.  I always hoped that someone would treat our missionaries kindly and be a mother away from home to them.
We had presidency meeting right after the missionaries left.  I can't say enough how much I appreciate these dear ladies.  They each are so concerned for the young women and show their love and concern in countless ways.  I'm hearing all the time about little extra things they do.  They genuinely want to help the girls. We are having problems with some of the girls being mean and intolerant to the other girls...theres been some drama between some of them over boys and other issues.  It's even come to one girl hurting herself to get attention.  We did some brainstorming on how we can help and Stacey is going to incorporate this into her lesson on Sunday.  I'm praying the girls that need to hear this will be there.
 
 
Classic Utah spring this past week.  Sunny, then snowing.  Mix in a little hail and rain.  Oh and winds strong enough to blow trees over.  Gotta love it.  Next week is supposed to be better.  I'm so anxious to take the boat out fishing.  It's just sitting there waiting for us!

 Kelley had signed us up to do sealings with the ward Tuesday night.  The only other ones that made it were the Haymonds.  I love these people.  So happy to be back in the ward with them.  We figured they would add us to another group since there were only four.  They found one other young couple to join us, then said they would keep trying to find more so we could do sealings of sons.  The sealer had Kelley and I go first.  Kelley has had this bad cough so I was kind of worried he would have a coughing fit while we were there.  Well he didn't cough at all.  But when we got finished and he was being a witness, all the sudden he says, " I've got to go...I think I'm going to throw up"  He took off out the door as quick as he could go.  We were like "that's not good...that means we can't go on because we need at least three men to do anything."  So just as we were about to go tell the office people we were done, they brought in another couple that had just come in wanting to do sealings.  Ha!  That was cool.  What was not cool was the fact that Kelley did not come back.  About 40 minutes went by and there was no sign of him.  I was getting worried so I said I was going to go see if he was OK.  I went out into the hall and asked where the closest bathroom was.  The lady said it was just down the hall.  So I went down there, but I was hesitant to go into the men's bathroom!  I looked around for some man to go in there for me, but there wasn't anybody around.  So I thought I would just poke my head in the door and holler at him.  So I push the door open and suddenly two temple workers come running saying "that's the men's bathroom!  You can't go in there!"  I told them what I was doing and they said they would find a man to go in there for me.  So they hunted around and got a guy to go in to check on Kelley.  He came right back out and said there was no one in there.  So I figured he must have gone down to the bathroom in the dressing room.  One of the temple workers was really concerned about Kelley so she said she was going to get her husband to go downstairs to make sure he was OK.  I waited in the sealing room, but by this time, they were about done, so the sealer said I should go see if Kelley was alright.  The temple workers husband came back up and said he had found Kelley, and that he was getting dressed.  Oh boy, I was relieved.  I was kind of worried that he had passed out or something.  I hurried and got dressed and when I went out, he was sitting there waiting for me.  He looked pretty rough.  As we walked out to the car, he told me what had happened. While we had been at the alter, I had heard his stomach growling and making quite a racket. I had heard it and was trying not to giggle...not to mention biting my lip to keep from busting out laughing when the sealer said the two names we were being sealed for.  They were the funniest names honestly I have heard while I've done sealings(one of them, I can't believe it was a real name...just saying).  I couldn't make eye contact with Kelley, or I know we both would have been laughing. 
 He said after we finished, he knew he needed to get to the bathroom fast.  He wasn't actually going to throw up, but he thought it may have not been appropriate to say he had to get to a toilet quick or he was going to have an accident in his pants!   Ha!  Oh dear.  I think he must have eaten something that made him really sick at Rubios just a few hours earlier. 
On a side note, Kelley said he ran into Dr. Ludlow at the temple.  I didn't know if he was a member or not so that was nice to find out.  KC said he already knew that he was because there was an LDS picture of Jesus in the x-ray room.  (KC went in to see him on Tuesday for a cleaning and check up)
I am going to know him quite well by the time we get all my work done.  I've been in three times now and have two more appointments set up.  I like him though.  I like that he didn't want to pull my teeth out like Dr. Clark.  He said "Oh I can save that tooth!" He has done  a root canal, and a crown, and fixed a couple small cavities and a chipped tooth.  He says from looking at my x-rays (thanks to dr. Clark for sending them over so I don't have to have my head x-rayed anymore than necessary!  I'm sure to get a tumor from all the x-rays I've had on my teeth) that my farthest back molar that has a gold crown on it from 1972 is in bad shape and he may have to pull it.  I hate that gold crown so I won't miss that, but then I will need to get an implant.  I might as well just sell my left kidney now to pay for all this dental work.
We had Bunko Monday night because everyone had conflicts on the regular night.  It was at Janes and Carla came and picked up Stacey and I.  When I got in the car, Carla was telling me about her visit with the dermatologist.  She had had to have a cancerous mole taken off her face.  As she told me about her experience, I could sure sympathize.  They had to take a cut out on the side of her nose,and it left a scar,  but she covered it so well, and I wouldn't have even noticed it if she hadn't told me about it.  It really leaves you on pins and needles, waiting for the doctor to call to tell you what he's found after they do a biopsy.  I've had some good news (which the nurse usually delivers)  and a few times when I heard Dr. Bradley's voice on the other end of the phone, that's when my heart drops and I know it isn't going to be good.
Anyway, Bunko was fun.  It's always good to catch up with everyone.  We all have things in our lives that are challenging and lots of good things too.  It's just nice to be able to talk about these things and know we are not alone.  Love these ladies.
You know what else I love and that's these two.  Sunday's are the best day when we can be together, bake, snuggle on the couch and stitch and play racko.

Lizzy got all wet and cold in the snowstorm (she is not the brightest dog and doesn't think to come under the patio.) so KC and Candice dried her off and warmed her up.





No comments: