Saturday, April 19, 2014

I'm not sure why...maybe lack of sleep, maybe missing my honey, but my emotions have been awful close to the surface these past few days. (Sorry for the meltdown at Target yesterday Camille)
Kelley left Wednesday morning with Jamey for California to get some more bees.  They were actually delivering a bunch of nooks up through Washington and Oregon.  So they picked up the bees Thursday evening and started right away to make their deliveries.   It sounds like things are going much better than last year when they went down to get them. That played out like something that should have been in a horror movie.  Anyway, they are on their way home now.  I've sure missed him.  Since he's taken this change in his career path, I've loved having him at home.  As I've talked to other ladies about it, most say that they go crazy  and they can't get anything done when their husbands are home from work.    It does change the things that I would normally do, but I love having him around.  He's always making me laugh, (taping things together in my purse or just filling it with random things...the latest was finding a big mango in the zipper pocket of my purse when I was at the store...(I thought my purse felt extra heavy.)  The lady at the check stand probably thought I was crazy when she saw me pull it out and start laughing. Jumping out from behind the door to scare me when ever I'm coming home...I come to expect him being there, but it still always makes me jump and scream.  Then there is always something done to my home decor when I get up in the morning...bags over my bunny heads...chickens all standing on their heads.  Yes this is my life...and I wouldn't want it any other way.
The garage door broke last week.  I pushed the button to close it and it started out ok, then I hear it just drop to the ground with a big bang.  I went out and looked and the big spring was broken.  Kelley checked around a bit and heard of a guy that Mark and Rick had both used to fix theirs.  So Kelley called him and set it up for him to come out.  He came out Wednesday after Kelley had left.  ( I don't really like dealing with things like this ( and car things that I know nothing about)...he's trying to explain to me about the mechanism of the door and cussing the way that the shelves had been built on the sides of the garage, making it impossible for him to take the broken spring off.)  He was an older r fellow and I don't think he wanted to tackle this job.  He had me take all the boxes of food storage off the shelves so he could see better what he was dealing with.(Ha this was funny...definitely not a LDS man...he looked at all the food storage and said "What's all this for?  Are you going to feed an army?")  Well he walked around looking at both sides of the door where the bar with the spring on it went across, mumbling about no room, then said " I always finish a job if I start it, but I don't think I better start this one.  I'm afraid I won't be able to do it on my own."  He recommended this company called Toone Door and left.  I called them and told them what was going on and they sent someone right out.  He looked at it and said 'no problem'...that they would come back the next day and do the job. 
A different guy came out Thursday and put in new springs.  Then when he tried to run it, it just made this grindy sound.  He said pushing the button to try to make it go when the spring was broken had stripped the screw thing that pulls the door up. (I think we all had hit that button a few times...it's sch a habit!)  He didn't have the part so he said he would come back Friday and finish it.  They were great and got it all working nicely Friday afternoon. ( I was thinking it was still not working because it was so quiet, (it usualy sounded like a train coming through the garage) but then he showed me how nice and smooth it went up and down...no clanking or creaking!)  Hooray!
I had seen that Jane was looking for a sub for bunko Thursday night, so I asked Candice if she wanted to play.  She was all about it so she came over after work, we picked up Stacey and headed over to Karens' house.  (Carla had at the last minute, gone to New York with Shauna...lucky girl can fly anywhere for free now!)
The bunko ladies are all so sweet and welcoming to Candice.   I just love them.  Karen had bought all of her dinner from Costco and it was just great.  Now why can't we all just do that instead of freaking out and worrying so much about what to make???   I can't really explain this night, but all the ladies were just really funny.  We couldn't remember what we were doing...what number we were on, if we had won or lost or even who we were playing with.  Candice just sat there smiling.  I'm sure she thought ( and she was right) that we were a bunch of crazy old ladies!)  Anyway, it was a fun, silly night...Watching Candice interact with these friends of mine just filled my heart. She could carry on a conversation with any of them and could definitely hold her own. She is such a strong,  friendly, kind, caring, compassionate person...truly cares about others feelings, plus she is funny as all get out.  They were talking at her table about yelling in the home.  I heard her say that it never happened at our house.(that was nice to hear that is how she remembered her childhood!)  then she said we did other scary things instead!  Ha!  I was laughing so hard....truly there are things scarier than people yelling!  Anyway, just love her to pieces.  I told her as she left and we had a big hug, how very grateful I am that she is mine.

No comments: