Monday, April 7, 2014

 Even though I felt pretty crappy, this weekend was wonderful.  I love conference weekend.  It was stormy outside so it felt good to just snuggle up on the couch with Kelley and KC and take it all in. The talks were all so good.  I especially liked President Monson's talk about being kinder and reaching out to lift others and President Eyrings talk about how the choices we make will effect many more than just us...even generations to come.  Really great messages.  The music was really beautiful...The Mo Tab sang a couple of songs that were the same version as what we sang in the stake choir for stake conference.  Lead kindly light...one of my favorites.  I just had to take a picture of my two handsome men getting ready to leave for the Priesthood session Saturday night.  I was thinking as they left, how grateful I am to have these two good men in my life. Can't even begin to express how much I love them.
At bunko the other night, Jane was telling us about this book she had read called "Visions of Glory"  It sounded really good, so I went over to Seagull and picked it up.  Oh my goodness  I can't put it down.  ( I have been reading between sessions and through the night when I can't sleep)  It is a true story about a man who had three near death experiences.  The first one happened when he was born. (he sees what happened when he was born in his second near death experience when he was 32.)  I am still in the middle of the second near death experience so I don't know about the last one, but from what Jane told me, it's about the last days.  It is so interesting to hear what he experienced.  I totally believe this.  I don't know why, but I've always been drawn to learning about these experiences  and have checked out about every book in the library that talks about them.  I think what got me interested was years ago when Kelley's dad was telling me about a book he was reading called "Life Everlasting"  It was written by an LDS author and told about many different people who had had near death experiences. It uses scripture and prophets counsel to help understand what is happening. The things I learned about stepping through the veil to the next life felt right and took away any fears that I had of what was to come.  Anyway, Lisle and I had some good discussions about this book after I read it too.  I hope he was thinking about those wonderful experiences we read about when he left this world.
Anyway, I'm learning so many things.  One thing that kind of creeps me out  ( but in a good way) is that there are spirits around us a lot of the time.  Our own ancestors  ( and future children- grandchildren) are our guardian angels.  God is aware of all we are going through and sends these spirits to help and comfort and warn us.  In the book he talked about his spirit going into the waiting room where his wife was sitting and he could see other spirits there comforting her.  He talks about how everything in the earth has a spirit and he feels the joy of what each thing did.  He understands everything that each person that was associated with him did that had to do with him and understands why they did what they did.  He feels no judgement and is overcome with love.   I am not explaining this very well, but it's very interesting.  I am anxious finish the book. The things I've learned so far make me want to do better.
While I was watching conference, I finished this cutie.  It was pretty involved, but fun to do. (for Olivia's Easter basket )

No comments: