Monday, April 14, 2014

Kelley has been working on these shelves in the bathroom.  They turned out real nice.  He's just the best!


 
Wednesday after racquetball (which went on for hours...we just kept playing...)  I went and got my hair done.  Keelee asked me if I'd ever tried putting my hair in a wave. I've watched the girls do it and liked it on them, but didn't think my hair would work cause it's so thin.  She showed me how to do it with the flat iron and it turned out kind of nice.  I'm not much good at the flat iron skills.  When I tried to do it myself, I ended up with a lot of kinks.  Ha!
We made these cute wreaths for young women Wednesday night (thanks to Stacey!) We had a great turn out and I think the girls had a fun doing them. Then I went in to visit with the Bishop.  Last week, Becky told me she isn't going to be able to go to girls camp this year.  She has a class down at BYU that she goes to every year that week.  She doesn't want to be released though.  She wants to do all the prep work and planning, then just have someone else go to camp.  When I told that to the Bishop, he was a little concerned about that working out.  I guess it would depend on who we asked to do the job.  So I gave him a couple names our presidency had talked about and he said he would take care of it. Then  yesterday at church, he said he had something he wanted to talk to me about.  I was waiting to go in to see him, and Becky came out of the library.  The bishop said that was great cause he wanted to talk to both of us.  He said he had been talking Sherry about the dilema we were having and she said she would like to do the job!  She said she loves YW and girls camp and would be happy to do it!  Ha!  Wow that was just a answer to our prayers!
Thursday night we had a stake camp meeting.  I was blown away by all the work this stake yw presidency went to for it.  Charlotte S is the stake camp director and she (like her aunt Cleo) never does anything small. I just had to take some pictures ...

 They want each ward to come up with a race that we will all do at camp.  The stake picked a hot air balloon race. 


 They had made big wood letters of the word GRACE,  and told us they were going to focus on each one of the letters each day.  Then showed several cute hand out ideas we could do for each day.  Such a neat display! They had made a big packet with all these ideas in it for each ward too.  Seriously so awesome!
 Gratitude
 Repentence
 Atonement

 Charity
Endurance
They told us that since we are going to be sharing camp sites with other wards, the stake was going to do all the food for camp!  Oh my gosh, I wanted to kiss her when she said that!  Food is the biggest and most challenging part of camp! And since Jenni wasn't going to be able to go either this year, this takes a huge load off of all of us!

 We got together Saturday morning to celebrate Teina's birthday.   It was so fun!  We met up in bountiful at the Smiths marketplace there because they were having fuchsia day.  You could bring your own pots and they would fill them with dirt and plant your plants that you bought there.  They had a lot of nice little geraniums for a good price too, so I got some of them too.  We went over to Home depot too because they were having a real good deal on their little plants too.  Then we went to Chile's for lunch.  It was so nice to catch up on each other's lives.  We talked about the family reunion and also planned to go to see Mary Poppins at the Hale theater.  I've been working on this picture for Teina ...used  this quote from one of my favorite talks from President Monson.
Happy Birthday to my beautiful sister
 Leslie sent me the cutest pictures of Kelsie's new baby.  He was born last week and is just cute as a bug.  They are going to name him Kai.  So great to see their little family growing.

No comments: