Tuesday, November 5, 2013

 
We got to take one last trip up fishing on Saturday and it was the best day I had all summer  While I was in Arizona, Kelley had a guy from Canada call him that had seen the boat on Boat trader.  He was heading down to Arizona and said he wanted to come by and look at the boat.  Well he loved it and said he would come back the next day and get it.  Kelley sent me a picture of them driving it away.  I was kind of bummed....I really liked that boat.  But I was glad Kelley could have one more trip on it before he sold it.  He had taken the scouts out at Strawberry for a couple days of good fishing. 
Well I thought Dan and Kelley would maybe start looking for a new boat when it got closer to spring time, but that is not what they were thinking at all!  They had been on ksl and boat trader right away looking for their dream pontoon boat.  The next thing I knew, Kelley is sending me pictures of what looked like a small house boat.  It was huge!  Kelley said they were asking more than they wanted to spend, so they decided to write out a check for the amount they were willing to pay, then show them the check and make them that offer.  I guess the guy at Peterson Marine was just like..."let me ask my boss" he came back a few minutes later and said OK!  So a few days later, Kelley and KC went out and picked up the boat and brought it back here.  Kelley had to cut out a bunch of the maple tree to get it into the back yard.  I was pretty flabbergasted when I saw it in person.  It is really so neat!  It has a nice big cabin with really nice seating inside... a great kitchen area, bathroom and big front and back decks with nice chairs (more like comfy couches) to sit on.  It has a upper deck too and a fun slide!  I was just like WOW!  I am not usually a lover of "things" but I was sure tickled with this boat!
We had cold stormy weather all week but the weatherman had been promising an extra warm day on Saturday, so when we took off that morning, we were all pretty excited.  We picked up Dan out in Draper and headed up Provo canyon.  When we got up a little ways, there was this big cloud just sitting right there on the road.  It was pretty weird. We drove through quite a bit of this all the way up to strawberry.
When we got up to the lake though, it was nice and clear and a beautiful day.
Best part of all, as soon as we got our lines in the water, we started catching fish!  I had never caught so many fish!  They were big ones too!  Kelley and I were fishing off the back and Dan and KC were in the front.  They were not having so much good luck.  I don't know how that happens,,,I mean our lines are all in the water right in the same area, but we were catching all the fish!
The day flew by so quick, but none of us wanted to leave.  KC and Dan started catching too so then they wanted to stay too.


 Seriously so super comfy...KC didn't even care when he wasn't catching anything...he just liked lounging on the couch! 
Wish it was the beginning of the season instead of the end!  We had a good snowstorm yesterday, so I doubt it will be warm enough to try to go again this year...knowing Kelley and Dan though, they will get the heater...(yes it has a heater and an air conditioner!)  going and keep going till there is ice on the water.






No comments: