Friday, November 15, 2013

I was looking for some iron on patterns that I had got from mum the other day and instead found this sack of pictures.  They were from all of the albums mum had made over the years.  We dismantled them and divided the pictures between my sisters and me.  I had so much stuff that I was bringing home at the time, I was just trying to find a place for everything and I stuck this sack under the bed.
I spent about three hours yesterday just looking through them and sorting them into different piles to put into my own album.  It was pretty cool to see a summary of my life from birth up until probably about 6 or 7 years ago when mum stopped taking pictures.  What is so cool, is that she took these pictures with an actual camera and then had them developed!  It's so easy with the phone camera just to take and store pictures on the computer, I hardly ever print any of them.  I like being able to pick up an album and hold it in my hands!
These were some of my favorites...  in no particular order

 Miss my mom






 The first milk truck...the back of the old dodge
 Daddy's beloved horse...Brenda sent us a little snippet from mum and daddy's journal of him talking about the horse...
"I have noticed for the past few days that the horse isn't eating very well and when he doesn't eat I know that something is wrong.  He is so old that I know that he will be dying any day now so I decided I'd better have him put out of his misery before nature takes it's course.  I knew that Joe knew those people over at the Fur Breeders Co-op so I asked him if he would help me take the horse over there.  It's really hard to say goodbye to a pet you have had for over twenty five years but I can do that easier than I can see hm suffer.  The old place won't be the same without him around and even tho I haven't ridden him for the past couple of years still I had him there to look at and it was nice having him around. 
Sure seems funny not to have the horse any more.  Every time I go up home I look for him up on the hill where he always used to stand and at night when I go to milk, I expect to hear him whiny at me when I go up there.  I'd feel pretty bad about him if I  didn't know he is much better off where he is now.  He was so old that every move he made hurt him and I couldn't stand to see him suffer."
Love to hear these stories from their journal!  Thanks to Brenda for sharing

 The back of the picture said this was daddy at age 17...cutting the grass

 ...remember those stilts?  Daddy built them for us when I was about 10...I can still remember what it felt like to hop up on them.  We got pretty good on them!
 Katie's graduation from Snow College
 I remember this day very well...freezing day in January when I was baptized! 

I'm not sure why, but in all my pictures my bangs look like this   Ha!    I was a cute little stinker anyway and that dress??? mum was an amazing seamstress!

1 comment:

Denise said...

I love the old pictures!! I've killed an hour or 2 just looking at pics and reminiscing. It's kind of therapeutic :)