Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Saturday afternoon I had to run get a few groceries before we went to the temple.  I was chatting with Camille on the phone as I walked around the store, then I set my phone down on top of my purse so I could unload my groceries to check out.  I didn't think anything else about it till I got home, got ready and was leaving to go to the temple.  I was like where is my phone?  I searched my purse and all through the car, then the house, thinking maybe I had brought it in and set it somewhere.  It was nowhere. 
We had to leave then to get to our sealing session so I just had to put it out of my mind so I could enjoy the temple.
It was so good to be with the sealing group again.  Its been several months since we have been able to go.  I sure do love Brother Larsen.  He is a truly good man.
On the way home we stopped at walmart and I went in and asked at the service desk if anyone had turned in a phone.  They said no.  I looked in the parking lot around where I had parked thinking maybe it had fallen out of my pocket or something when I got in the car.  Nope.
I didn't know what else to do, so we went over to T mobile to have them stop the service on my phone.  The guy there was real nice and sympathetic and said I could either get the same phone again (with the deductible of 110.00...seriously even with insurance, it's such a rip off.) or get a new phone.  I haven't had an upgrade for several years so that sounded very tempting.  He showed me some cool phones and I decided on this new Sony Xperia.  It's pretty cool.  It has way better camera, storage, bigger screen size, easy to navigate plus, it's waterproof!  ha! you can take pictures underwater if you want (well 3 feet of water)  I'm kind of tickled with it. 
I still feel kind of violated knowing someone else has my phone (KC tried calling it several times and someone was using it because it went right to my voicemail.)  But I guess now they have turned it off from T Mobile, they won't be able to use it anymore.  I was able to get my contacts cause they were backed up on google.  I lost some recent pictures, but I had moved the older ones to the computer so that wasn't too bad. 
Guess I needed a reminder that I need to be more careful...I know I'm too trusting of people...try to look for the good instead of assume the worst... the kids give me a hard time and tell me I live in my own little bubble, not the real world. The thing is though, I know some people that are pretty pessimistic  and don't trust people  ( I'm sure there is a reason why they are like this!) and I don't like the negitive feeling I get around them. I don't want to be like that.  I'm not losing faith in people...I was careless and kind of set myself up for it. I'll just be more careful from now on.

No comments: