Tuesday, November 12, 2013

 Here's a few pictures I took with my new phone on Sunday.  It was really a nice day.  KC, Taylor and Chris spoke in our sacrament meeting.  All the talks were really good ( I especially liked KC's)They all talked on making choices but each talk was very different and reflected that persons personality.  I was sure proud of KC.  He is such a special guy...he never ceases to amaze me...always so thoughtful and kind and basically just does what is right.  He has been having a real dilemma with his school.  The classes he needs to take next for his Physics major are not offered until next fall.  He doesn't want to waste time taking things he doesn't need and this really sets him back.  We talked a lot about it, considering all his options.  I had just read recently about how engineering is a great field to go into...he could use a lot of his math and physics that he has already learned, and even do both majors if her wanted to. I mentioned this to him and he said he had been thinking about the very same thing.  He went and talked to a counselor the next day about changing and they told him how he could do it.  Then he talked  to Gordon and Gordon was ecstatic!  He said he had wanted KC to go that direction all along because he is so smart he knew he would do well there.
Just feel really blessed to have him for my son.  He has a special light and  is a great example and influence on everyone he is around.
 This happened today...KC told me before he went to school this morning that there was an original signed copy of the book of mormon ( by Joseph Smith)  that was at the University and he was going to go see it.  He sent this picture to me this afternoon.  Seriously how cool is that?



We left right after sacrament meeting to go out to Tyson Reynolds farewell.   ( This is me trying to figure out how to fit the huge pumpkin dessert onto the serving dish)
Tyson did such a good job.  I'm so glad he decided to go on a mission.  He has been struggling with it for a long time. His brothers both came home,early but for different reasons and I think that weighed on his mind.  But  I think he will do just fine.  I sure do love their family.  It's kind of crazy when I think about  when Tyson was born   it feels like it was yesterday!  I remember he had to stay in the hospital for a little while because of some health problems he had and Corrinne was so worried about him.  I'm not sure why that memory stuck in my head, but I can picture us sitting in her living room of their old house talking about him. They are special friends that I know we will always be close to.
After church, we drove up to the cemetery...been missing these folks and come to find out KC, Candice and Kelley had been feeling the same way. 




 We were surprised to find mounds of dirt all around the cemetery...what in the world?  It has to be gofers or ground hogs.  They have really made a mess up there flipping dirt all over the head stones and ruining the grass. 


 Sorry I just about cut off KCs head here...really no excuse...the sun was in their eyes!






 After  we ate, we all konked out for a good nap...it sure felt good.  It's been a while since I've gotten a good Sunday nap!  Then we finished off the day with a good round of Racko.  I love when Candice spends her Sunday with us!





No comments: