Monday, January 14, 2013


Wait for it....Yesssssss!  The clouds broke apart and there it was...the sun!  After over a week of ugly inversion, the wind started to blow Wednesday night.  It was really howling too!  Actually blew the big bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken right off the sign in Sandy!  I laid in bed and listened to it whipping around our house most of the night, but woke up to this sight...blue sky!  It was even kind of warm...in the 40's  anyway.  I was so excited!  It motivated me to  clean the garage, and put away a bunch of Christmas stuff that I have been procrastinating putting away cause I didn't want to even poke my nose out there in the cold.
 




 


 

The big ice berg in the pond even started to melt a little...
I knew it would be short lived though...just the warm before the storm.  The clouds moved back in Thursday afternoon and by that night, it was coming down pretty good.


Woke up to this...and it kept on coming. 
So much snow!  Wish Livy and Sam were here to play in the snow with me!
 


Now it's just turned freakishly cold...scary pipe busting, hurts to breath, car won't start,  "I DO want to wear pants to church!" cold.
 Friday afternoon, I noticed there was no water pressure.  I checked everywhere to see if water was running, but it wasn't.  I figured a pipe must have burst.  Kelley checked around at all the faucets where it could happen, but they were OK.  So he called Rick.  He came over and looked around and said it must be water pressure valve that needed to be replaced. 
So him and Kelley did that Saturday afternoon...not a pleasant job in this freezing cold. OK, try the water again...still just a dribble.  Dang. 
So then they started checking other options.  Turned off the stop and waste that goes to the sprinklers in the back yard and that fixed it.  A sprinkler pipe had burst.  There's a ice rink in the back yard now if anyone has the urge to skate.

No comments: