Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Sick of it...
The last week or so has been pretty dreary around here.  Along with the let down of the holidays being over, we have this to look at every day....not nearly so pretty from down here either...just gray.
And to add insult to injury, we get to hear about the temperatures in Park City being a balmy 36 degrees!  If you get above the layer of haze, the sun is shining!  We have had very cold temps here since Christmas...the kind of cold that makes you think twice about going out....do I really have to? ( I would seriously hibernate if I could...I've been huddling under grandmas electric blanket (it's awesome!) to keep warm cause we can't have a fire in the fireplace)   OK...we need food. I will go.  So I bundle up with layers, scarf, heavy coat, gloves and boots.  I seriously don't care what I look like.  Then when I go outside, it's like breathing a cloud of gunk. It makes my throat scratchy and my eyes burn.  It really gets  me down to not see the sun too.  I don't know how people who live in rainy climates do it.  It's pretty amazing how having a sunny day changes your whole attitude. Oh well, I guess that's the price we pay for living in this beautiful valley.  Praying for a storm to come in and move that bad stuff out so we can see it. 

1 comment:

Angie said...

you should go visit my mom! Ever since they moved to the canyon they never have to put up with that. I will agree with you that rain can be very depressing. I am just glad we don't have it as much as Washington.