Monday, January 7, 2013

On the way home from Arizona... (actually this one was on the way there...Candice flew home on Christmas day)  There was a lot of sleeping involved both ways though.  Sorry dear,  I wasn't a very good navigator....That's a whole other story I better not get into.
Leaving Arizona...felt kind of chilly in the early morning...probably 55.  The closer we got to Utah, the colder it got.  By the time we got to Beaver, the snow storm was full blown upon us.  The roads were terrible...wrecks all over the place... we had to go about 30 mph for about two hours.  That did not make the ride home seem shorter.  Felt so bad for Kelley to have to drive in it. 
We listened to a book on CD called Killing Kennedy that Candice gave Kelley for Christmas all the way home.  It was real interesting.  Made me realize how much history I never learned.




New years day...went to see Hobbit movie, then to Cafe Rio.  Fun day!


On my birthday...favorite fancy place to eat?  PF Changs.  We had to wait a long time to get in, but spent the time watching animal videos on Candice's phone. 




Had a real nice Birthday...went to the temple with KC and Kelley to do initiatory for some family names.  The Jordan River temple had been closed for about a month, I thought just for cleaning, but when I went in to the dressing room, saw it had been completely remodeled.  It was so beautiful!  The waiting room to do initiatory looks a lot like the celestial room!  Very beautiful with big comfy chairs and couches.  That whole area has been redone and is really nice.
I was surprised to see so many people there.  We thought we would be the only ones crazy enough to go out on this freezing cold morning...seriously has been so cold the past week.  Icky inversion so we can't have a fire.

KC loading up my new crochet hook holder that Camille sent me.  I have a lot of crochet hooks.
( A lot of those were mum's)
Playing Phase 10 with these guys is a hoot.
This is Candice's face after she found out that the fruit jelly thing she just ate had gelatin in it.  
Sure do love these guys!  KC and Candice made me the cutest card with Haiku's they had made up for my Birthday...so funny and sweet!   I was totally impressed that they remembered from high school how to do a haiku!  This really meant the world to me! 

Moms are like fruit pies
Deliciously sweet and warm
Smells like cinnamon.

Mom you are so cool:
Crochet, baking, wrapping gifts,
Plus other talents.

Gracious, kind mother
I'm so lucky to be yours
You have nice small feet.

Mom, it's your birthday
You still look so young and vibrant
What are you? forty?

I'm a lucky mom.

1 comment:

Angie said...

glad you had a good birthday! I love the holder for your crochet hooks!