Monday, January 14, 2013

It's time for Young women Basketball!  Aren't they cute?!
I've noticed in the years of watching stake sports that the 6th ward always seemed to have a winning team.  Now I can see why. We have lots of girls that like to play and several of them are really good!


We had a little practice Wednesday night, and I was so grateful that Tori would kind of take over and show the girls some drills and help new beehives.  We are still in the process of getting a coach.  We turned in a name weeks ago and the Bishop called her and she happily accepted the call.  We were chatting with her in Sunday school and she said ..."so all the games are on Wednesday night?"  I was like..."no, they are all on Saturday morning".  She said the Bishop hadn't mentioned that.  Oh dear.  we were back to square one.  So we thought of a few other people that could maybe do the job and I went and talked to the Bishop again.  Hopefully we will have a coach for next weeks game! 

We had a game Saturday, and I got to be their coach.  I was pretty nervous about it cause I don't know what I'm doing, but thanks to these amazing girls, it went really well!  We had 11 girls show up and they were all really great about taking turns playing.  The new beehives did a great job...including our sweet little handicapped one.  She ran and passed and shot just like all the other girls. It was pretty neat to watch her older sister with her.  She was watching out for her and encouraging her all the way. I was sure proud of all of them.

No comments: