Tuesday, January 22, 2013

January 21...officially designated as the most depressing day of the year....it's true...I saw it on the news!  And I totally agree...especially with the terrible cold weather we have been living in.  I could really feel myself falling into a funk.
I was able to find the remedy for it though and it came in the form of my three dear sisters.
They came down to spend the day together and to celebrate my birthday.  What a wonderful day!
We wanted to get through the rest of the home movies so we could see which ones we wanted to put on the DVD, but decided to watch the two videos we made years ago from some of the home movies so we didn't duplicate what we already had. These movies are so fun to watch...probably just for us girls (Kelley sat through a bunch last night...he's a trooper!) but they sure open up the flood gates on the memories.  They took a lot of movies of Christmas, Birthdays, Easter, their beautiful yard, and of fun things we would do.  Reminded me of how much fun we would have with just the simple things ...playing in the irrigation water, jumping in a pile of leaves, swinging on a swing daddy made for us by throwing a rope over a branch in the tall tree, sledding down the lane next to our house, roller skating up and down the drive way, or a picnic in the canyon.  Looking back at our growing up years, I'm sure filled with gratitude and love for my parents...they created a happy home filled with love, faith and security. They would go out of their way to make it fun for us...making a slip and slide on the lawn...poor lawn!  finding old inner tubes for us to float down the canal or slide in the snow on, letting us ride on the sides of the old dodge, filling up the swimming pool with WARM water for us and hooking up the old slippery slide to it,  hanging a swing down by the garage so we could jump off daddy's truck and sail out over the road...I could go on and on...they gave us a wonderful life.
 
We were admiring all the snowflakes Leslie had made on her tree when we were up there last month so she surprised us each with this beautiful snowflake to put on our tree next year.  That's a treasure!
Brenda gave me this DVD...that will be great to use with yw lessons.  So thoughtful!
Leslie gave me this cute bag.  Really needed a new one for my church bag.  Love it!
and....these awesome texting gloves!  Haaaa!  how cool is that?

Teina gave me this beautiful orchid.  It's so perfect and covered with blooms, it hardly looks real! 
Wow along with their sweet cards, and Brenda's delicious pumpkin roll, I was surely spoiled. 
 
So grateful for my sisters and love them so much.  This day was so nice for me...totally cheered me up to spend this time with them.  Wish we could be together more often.  It was enough to get through this most depressing day and the rest of January with a happy heart.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I always love reading your stories when you get together. My mom tried telling me about the projector not working. She was laughing so hard she could barely speak! I can only imagine what happened when you were all together! I hope me and my sisters are like that someday.