Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Well,  after another wonderful day with my sisters at mum and daddy's place, these are a few treasures I came home with. 
Mum didn't do a lot of stitchery like this, so this was pretty neat to find.
Brenda told us that the canyon had been closed on Friday so we didnt' know for sure if we would be able to make it through on Saturday morning.  It cleared off though and the snow plows did their job so we sailed right along.  Mum got a lot more snow than we did...about 10 inches!  Turned the place into the enchanted winter wonderland we all love.  Made my heart ache when I thought about this being the last fall-winter season we would spend looking out the kitchen window at this beautiful sight.

We decided to tackle daddy's room.  We've been moving everything that we didn't want to deal with in there...and it was about stacked to the ceiling.
We went through the coat rack of mum's old coats and daddy's hats.  Daddy had some real nice ones he would wear to church or special  occasions.
 We went through the beautiful cabinet in there and cleared out all books and nick knacks.  There were a few things in there we still couldn't decide what to do with, so we put them in a different pile in that room.  Ha!   I'm afraid we are going to need till June to get this done!
We found several flower arrangements mum had made that had ended up in that room and divided them all up.  These big white flowers were on the dresser upstairs  in the room where I would sleep for as long as I can remember.

We found some cool books about Providence and her people.  These ladies were my mom's friends and I remember them fondly from church, moms club, and just being neighbors. 


There's a big pheasant up there under those trees...really!
\Aaron said the deer have been wandering around the yard already too.

We took  more pictures and  things off the walls, stirring up a ton of memories of gifts and projects from Birthday's, Christmas's and mother's day's of the past. 














This was a favorite one of mine because it described how daddy was with the grand kids to a T.
We found some great old pictures that are real treasures!
This is mum when she was six.  So cute!

Bruces band..."The Esquires"

 I love this picture of daddy. 
And this one of mum and Mittens.


A teen age Bruce

Daddy with his war buddies

His horse "Dusty" 
 He used to tell us about how he worked for a man on a ranch in Wyoming during the summer and for his pay, the ranch owner let him find a wild horse and keep it.  He found "Dusty" and brought him home and tamed him.    When he went on his mission, he took him back up to Wyoming and let him go....then when he got home from the war, he went back up and found him and brought him back home and rode him for many more years.


Home...

My grandma and grampa...Elmer and Lena Yost....I didn't  get a chance to know her here on this earth...she died when I was one.  I've heard so many lovely things about her though...looking forward to meeting her in heaven.

Wow this is a good one.  The whole Braegger clan....and this is grandma and grampa Braegger and their kids.

 The old Providence elementary school...I can still picture where each of my classes were and my teachers faces.

 Another classic...all of us girls as teen-agers!


 Dreamy...right?  Mom was a beauty!
I'm sure grateful mum and daddy kept all these pictures and things.  It makes it a little easier to let go knowing we can always look at these pictures and remember people, places and how our lives were growing up there. 

2 comments:

Angie said...

Its so hard saying goodbye to everything and I know its been really hard on you girls. I love that with everything you posted I knew where it was located in the house. So many memories thank goodness...

stacey said...

I bet this HUGE job just warms your heart. I see Candice in some of those pictures of your mom