Friday, November 4, 2011

Happy Anniversary to my wonderful  parents!

This is the first anniversary they will be celebrating together in heaven.
I know there has been much longing from mum as she awaited patiently the time when they would be together again...she would put daddy's picture right next to her bed where she could lay there and look at him.  Sometimes I would walk in her room and find her gazing at his picture with so much love in her eyes...I felt like I was interrupting an intimate moment between them.
I can just imagine their celebration today...probably a lot like they did here on earth only much more glorious!  It would involve a stroll through the flower gardens, then inside to sit together with a bowl of popcorn, some butter to dunk it in and a glass of pepsi, and the cross word puzzle to do.
I think that's what kept their marriage so strong...they were happy with the simple things in life...being with family and friends...tending to their garden, serving others.  They never criticized or found fault with each other, or with anyone else, but always found the good.

           Thank you for teaching me through your example all that I want my marriage to be!         
Happy Together Forever!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Well said! I was actually in the middle of writing something for their day too! I am still looking for a certain picture so mine will be late posted. You captured all I wanted to say!