Friday, November 4, 2011

Halloween

Here's a few pictures from Halloween time...

The ward did a trunk or treat party Friday night that was a lot of fun.  They had a pot luck dinner, then judged costumes and pumpkins.  Then we all went outside for trick or treating.
I had never done one before so was surprised to find out how people go all out to decorate their cars!  There was some really cute ones.  I found this scary ghost that moved and made scary sounds and hung it in the back of the car.  Then I put up a string of ghost lights and had them deeper in the car so it looked like they were floating behind the big ghost.  Kind of cool.
I had made about a hundred popcorn balls for the event, but ran out  so we had to shut our trunk!
This Red Riding hood-Big bad wolf costume was one I think Katie or Camille used for a daddy daughter party in YW  years ago.    It was kind of fun cause people couldn't tell who I was...until I was standing next to Kelley. I actually scared a few youngsters and had to take my mask off to show them it was just me.

 Candice came over after work on Halloween and we tried to find a costume for her to wear out trick or treating with Curtis and Benny.  I didn't remember this tweety being so small! The body part  was about  for the size of a four year old! 










Curtis and Ben came over and had dinner with us before they went out trick or treating.  He is a cute little guy with a fun personality.





I made popcorn balls all day...I don't know why it took me so long this year.  I ended up with about a hundred again.  I thought that would be enough with so many already having gone to the trunk or treat.  Nope.  The trick or treaters came in droves.  Then lots of the moms and dads would come to the door for a popcorn ball too.    I ran out about 8:30...and had to give them a handful of Rollo's and Reese's.    Ah well...I guess you better show up early if you want a popcorn ball!
I got a call from Judy asking if I was doing popcorn balls this year...her grown kids were taking their kids around and she said they would come over if I was giving them out.  Ha ha..I said " sure I am!"    I sent a bag of them home for Judy too.  She is a peach.


I was sure missing Olivia and Sam this year. The fun of Halloween is watching the excitement and fun of the kids. It was fun to see all the kids who grew up with our kids and now have kids of their own come around trick or treating. It's great that they still come back to this neighborhood.   Camille sent me some great pictures of their Halloween fun though.  Olivia was Super girl and Sam was Yoda.
Camille did a great job with Sam's costume...I'm so impressed by the way she can just make something like this up with no pattern.  So cute!  I could just eat him.


1 comment:

Angie said...

Hilarious costumes! That is so fun you dressed up. I love Sam's cute yoda outfit too!