Monday, November 28, 2011

Just had to say a little bit about Wesley's farewell...
Our church time's overlapped, so we were going to miss the last hour of our meetings to get to hear him speak.
Kelley and KC and Candice went over after Sunday school...so glad Candice could spend the day with us....so fun to have her with us for the whole weekend!
Stacey had asked me to help the young women learn this song to sing during her Relief Society lesson next week, and last week when we practiced it, well, they needed a lot more work on it.  So I was going to go in there with them for a few minutes, then head over to the other building. 
Well those few minutes turned into a half hour...they were really doing pretty well with the song, but it just took that long.  So as soon as we got done, I hurried over to their church.  When I walked in, they were just finishing singing a musical number, so I thought I had missed his talk.  Then to reinforce...KC said...yup you missed it. (ooooh I will get him!) Then this other speaker got up and took till almost 2:00.  Then Brett got up there and sang a song I had never heard before.  It was really good!  Wow!  He has a real nice voice! Who knew?
 Then after he sat down, Wesley got up there to talk!  I was so glad I hadn't missed it!  He gave a really good talk...seems like the extra time has helped him be really ready for his mission.  He will be a great missionary in Argentina.
We went over to their house after church.  It was great to see all the Wrights....they are like second family to us.  Also very good to have a chance to sit and visit with all of our dear friends. We laughed a lot, which really felt good...just what I needed.  That really topped off the Thanksgiving weekend.  I feel so blessed to have all  these people in my life.

2 comments:

Angie said...

glad you didn't miss the talk! Sounds like a really neat family.

stacey said...

love my friends. Love how we can all laugh...and sorry it was at your expense! Awwwee...Dan the man...gotta love him! oh wait...I believe Kelley had something to do with that too! If I was creative...I could help you think of a way to get him back...