Sunday, November 6, 2011

A few things from the past few days...
KC an I went over to Willow pond to try a little fishing.  It was windy with a new storm headed our way, but that made it  pretty warm too.  We didn't have any luck fishing but a good time anyway.





I wanted to get all the flower pots in before the storm came so I had KC  help me move them into the garage. Look at what we found when we moved the pots!
I brought my hibiscus in before it froze so now it thinks it is summer time again!


Nope....this is what it looked like the next day.

Kelley and I went to a stake dinner Friday night.  It was kind of strange.  We walked  into the gym and  felt like we were at someone elses stake function.
We looked around for any familiar faces and  after searching, saw a few from the other part of our new ward.   I don't know any of them very well yet.     Seems like we always stick close to those we know the best and feel comfortable around.  I guess that's just human nature.    It was good to have a chance to get to know these new people better. 
This is the exciting part though...after a nice dinner, they announced that the program was going to be by the Janeen Brady singers!  Ha!  What a great surprise.  She is one of my hero's! 
She came out and introduced her choir, the piano player and the gal who would be leading them.   I was kind of surprised to see that she had gotten old!  Very beautiful still though!   I expected to see the Janeen Brady that I remembered from 30 years ago when I was introduced to the Brite tapes. 
We had them all and the girls and  I can still sing most of the songs from them!  The girls grew up with these playing while they followed along in the books at home or while driving in the car. 
They each have such a great message that teaches them good stuff about how to get along in life.
There was a virtue taught in each one...gratitude..".when you have a gratitude attitude"..... honesty... "I TOLD THE TRUTH!, dependability  ..."I am captain dependable..you can always count on me!", being happy  " Oh king daddy I want to be happy!"  Work... "do a little work do a little work do a little work Obedience...I'm the little pig with the curly tail!  Cleanliness...wash your hair wash your hair..keep it shiny  forgiveness and courage.   I could go on and on...then there was the Safety kids....where they all learned their phone number to a catchy tune and also that 'sometimes you just have to yell and scream!' and the Body machine...it's super keen and awesome as it can be!
Wow I am really grateful for talented...or in her case gifted people who  have helped countless kids learn these truths and ingrained them in their lives. 
I had to tell her after the program ( which was really neat...mostly songs that she had written for Christmas) how I admired her and thanked her for sharing her talent and teaching my kids how to behave.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I love Janeen Brady! She is the bomb how fun! She did make the best tapes and books ever.