Thursday, March 10, 2011

Whew!

Candice and I have been waiting anxiously for the results of the biopsy done on all of our moles.
We were told that they would have the tests back Tuesday...so Candice calls Tuesday morning ( I was too chicken) to see how they turned out.
They told her that Dr. Bradley hadn't had a chance to look at them yet and they would call her when he did.
So I waited a while, then called their office. She said The tests hadn't even come in yet but to check back after 4:00.

I don't know about Candice, but I really work myself into a tizzy thinking the worst.
We decided to go to Cafe Rio for lunch to commiserate. Candices' company and Cafe Rio did wonders for me. We laughed a lot and I decided that laughter really is the best medicine!
I thought I would wait to hear from Candice...then I would call to get my results. Nothing. Ha! I do not love the girls that work in his office!
Soooooo when it got to be 6:00, I figured they were not going to let us know that day.
Another sleepless night. Not sure how I function at racquetball...must be running on pure adrenalin. (It was funny cause I played Susan first and Ruth said she would have winners play winners. We had a really long game and by the end (20-20) I was totally beat. I just figured that Jamie would win her and Kari's game and I knew I didn't have it in me to play Jamie, ( she hits the ball so hard it scares me) so on the last point, I wasn't sad at all that Susan got the point! When we walked out though, Ruth said "you guys are going to be surprised at what happened ! Kari just beat Jamie! (Kari is a 4 and Jamie is a 1) Kari gets to start with 16 points so if Jamie just messes up a few times, it's over.
Ha Ha the joke was on me! We all had a good laugh over that! So I ended up playing Jamie after all. It was actually fun and I ended up beating her. (she must have been having a bad day!)
After racquetball, I got a text from Candice that said she had called Dr. Bradleys' office and they said all of her moles were fine! I was so happy to hear that!!!!!!
So I called them while I was driving home. I swear this is just like those reality shows where they keep you waiting and waiting , the suspense building every second, to give you the final results. ( I waited 4 minutes for them to come back to the phone...yup I timed it) I was sure Dr. Bradley was going to be getting on the phone ( like he has done before when it was bad news) to break it to me.
Nope...the nurse came back on and said they were all fine! She had a different name for some of the moles....but it wasn't cancer! Hooray! So grateful for answered prayers... I feel like I have a new lease on life!

3 comments:

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

I'd say you need an official celebration now!

Angie said...

Yay for that I am so happy for you! I have a few I need to have looked at but I am too chicken to do it. Maybe I will be brave like you and go in.

kat said...

You and Candice are quite the pair...no idea where we get our worrying from and I'm not 1/2 as bad as you!