Monday, May 10, 2010



What a wonderful week and this was definitely the highlight...our phone call with K.C
He told us in his email that he would call about 10:00 am, which would be 8:00 pm for him. Kelley came home from his meetings about five to ten, Candice came over right around ten, and we all sat there staring at the phone. We waited and waited. 10:15...10:30. No call. So we all tried to distract ourselves with other things, ( I went and sat on the toilet...isn't that always when the phone rings?) Nothing. Then about 20 to 11, the phone rings...I grab it...Hello?
Ha! It was Candice playing a trick on me! Way funny! I'll get you for that one!
Then about quarter to 11, it rings again. I look around at Candice..."It's not me!"
It was K.C. He sounded so great. I just talked for a minute, then gave the phone over to Kelley because he had to conduct in Sacrament meeting and I wanted him to have time to talk to him before he had to leave.
We were going to try to have it on speaker phone and get Kate on the other line so she could hear too, but it was hard for K.C. to hear us on speaker phone and he was going to get to call Kate too, so we just each talked to him. It was so neat to watch their faces light up and hear them laughing. Olivia sang " I am a child of God" so cute for him. K.C. loved it. I was amazed at how many of the primary songs she knows. Camille has the primary song book on cd and they listen to it all the time.
I finally got to talk to him again and he told me about his mission and some people he had been teaching. He has a Russian companion and he really likes him. He says he is older and is an amazing missionary. They are in a great area and are having lots of success. He said they have three people committed to baptism in June. He sounds so positive and happy...it sure did my heart good to hear him say he has never been happier! We talked about things that have been going on here at home and updated him on his friends that were leaving on their missions. He said he didn't think there was much time left on the calling card, and he wanted to save some time for Katie, so we sent our love and hugs over the phone and said our good byes. It was all pretty wonderful and I couldn't stop smiling all day!
The rest of mother's day was really nice. My family is so good to me. Each one gave me such sweet and thoughtful gifts. I feel like the luckiest mom in the world to have such great kids and a wonderful husband.
These are pictures from Hollie's shower on Saturday. I wanted to get up to mom's a little early so I could help Teina put on the quilt they were tying. Candice came over and we got on our way about 9:30. We were going to do the quilt outside, but it was still pretty chilly, so we did it in the living room. Hollie's mom and grandma and sister came with her. They were all really nice and good quilters too. They pitched right in and did most of the work on the quilt.
We had a real nice luncheon and opened presents.


I got mom a big tomato plant for mother's day and she seemed to like it. Where she doesn't grow a garden anymore, I thought she would at least enjoy a fresh tomato.

It was so good to see Julie and Sadie and Sofie. She left Savanah with Weston so she could come. She can't take Savanah into a crowd of people...she gets really upset. It's a pretty hard thing to deal with, but Julie has a great attitude and never complains.






Amy and Brad came with their cute little family. She has a new baby...a sweet little boy named Benjamin Bradley that was just a doll.
Fun fishing tacks out of the quilt



This is Amy and Brad's little girl, Autumn.


Olivia was in heaven playing with her new friends.
Lisa and Angie had flown in for the weekend for Phil's wedding.


This is at Phil's wedding on Friday. (kind of went backwards here...a year and a half later and I still can't get my pictures straight)

I was so glad that mom could be there.





It was a nice day...still kind of cold but better than it had been the day before. (when Kelley and I were driving up there, there was new snow in the canyon! Leslie told me they had two inches on their lawn in Smithfield! Will spring ever come?)
Oh a few other things about the wedding...on our way up there, we got to the mouth of Sardine canyon and the low fuel light comes on. Kelley says "how far can you usually go when your light comes on?" I told him I though we could make it through the canyon...it goes quite a ways after the light turns on. So we headed up the canyon. I didn't really think about how much more gas it takes to go up those big hills, and just as we were coming out of the canyon, the car died.
Oh dear.
Luckily we were coming down a pretty steep slope and were able to coast for an incredibly long time. Kelley put on his flashers and we moved on to the shoulder of the road and just coasted all the way to about a block away from the burger king, gas station in Wellsville. Oh man I was so grateful! I mean this could have been really bad!
Kelley ran quick to the gas station and brought a gas can back. We made it to the temple right on time. Once again, I am grateful for the tender mercies and protection that have been shown to our family.
Phil and Stacie looked so happy. The ceremony was really nice. After the wedding, we all went outside for pictures. They have put in some new fountains outside the temple and it was really beautiful.
Kelley and I went to Gossners to get some cheese cause there was some time before the luncheon. The luncheon was really nice. We sat with Lynn, Teina, Leslie and Stacie's old mission president and his wife. Super nice people.
Stacie had put together a real nice video of their courtship. She is really talented and a great girl. Camille and Candice and Olivia drove up that evening to go to the reception.
There was quite a long line, and Olivia was pretty excited when we finally got up to talk to Stacie and Phil cause she thought Stacie was a princess. ( She did look like one!)
We came back to mom's and visited with her for a while, then helped her get up to bed and all tucked in and headed for home.

No comments: